Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys I know a few of you have sold or transferred your Reservation to someone else on an order that was no longer wanted/needed. I have my plaid coming Saturday but I have a second order that was placed before the price increase and wondering if I can transfer to someone else to save them money. Is that possible? Or have the take delivery of the car and then sell to someone ?
Take Delivery and then Re-Sell

Reactions: DelPhonic1
I haven't complained in awhile so here it goes...

Last week Tesla updated my March 2021 order EDD to March 13-31 (from it's previous value of "July"). I took that as good news since it's unlikely they would bump it up several months and give it specific range unless it was more solid. So I got financing arranged (takes 2 days), then I got trade in quotes for my car, all of that is good for 30 days.

This morning, they put the EDD at July again. Honestly so ****ing pissed. Their bullshit is really making me not want this car at all.
Don't do anything until you see a VIN attached..that is the lesson for many

Don't do anything until you see a VIN attached..that is the lesson for many
Right but they recently tried to deliver my backup model Y order, gave me 1 day notice to schedule and only gave me 1 day for delivery, which is not enough time to do any of that stuff. I didn't get any notice that I had a VIN, they just said "schedule your delivery" via text and I only had 1 day to do it. Since the X range had been changed to this month I passed on the Y, but I'm not going to risk them doing the same bullshit on the X order and missing the delivery because I don't have financing arranged yet.

sounds like "fix it on next service appt" policy is alive and well til end of quarter. Us buyers should beware. I hate to say it, but leave no stone unturned. They'll fix it at next service appt-- or you should refuse the car. Field X's especially should be close to perfect, since they may have already been rejected. I'd be happy personally to get a field X to inspect at this point.. But it's healthy for Tesla to have the same car rejected twice. It's a lesson for them.

There I said it.

You do have another option. You don't have to just Accept on the spot or Reject. I just had that discussion on my March 13th delivery..... You can delay delivery while they address the issue.

Maybe all SCs don't offer this, but it was offered to me. I have a small paint chip on the rear. I did make a pretty big deal about it (it really isn't :)) and they offered to send it off to body shop to fix and I could come back and take official delivery after fixed (approximately 1 week). I ended up Accepting with the agreement I would return it on Wed. I already had my PPF guy lined up for yesterday/today. I pick up from PPF this evening and drop off @ SC for body shop touch up tomorrow morning.

As of note, I didn't pay a dime until the day of delivery so I had a little leverage.

To each their own but in my opinion the model Y feels cheap inside and handles poorly compared to every other version Tesla I’ve driven and owned. Not to mention it’s by far the ugliest of them all and has a “ very girly look to it kind of like the VW bug always did” in the words of my wife which I sadly 100% agree with. It does feel sportier than my 2016 90D X but I sure would hope so seeing how old that vehicle is and that it’s not a performance version.

Was your model 3 not a performance? Could explain why you like the Y better..
I've had them all...each car fits diff needs. For my needs I'd rather have a Y over the 3. It feels quieter and has a much more usable space and is more comfortable getting in and out. You gain a little more space going to an X but not that much more.

I think the Y is the best value in Tesla's lineup for my needs. Handling of the 3 is slightly better just like the S handles slightly better than the X.

Reactions: John in LB
I've had them all...each car fits diff needs. For my needs I'd rather have a Y over the 3. It feels quieter and has a much more usable space and is more comfortable getting in and out. You gain a little more space going to an X but not that much more.

I think the Y is the best value in Tesla's lineup for my needs. Handling of the 3 is slightly better just like the S handles slightly better than the X.
Hope you have both X and Y to say “little more space for X”

Agree. I have both. The X feels enormous compared to my MYP. Maybe it's not extremely larger, probably just feels that way because it is new to me. The front seat headroom difference is significant. The huge windshield makes a big difference as well. Haven't ridden in the back yet.

I haven't complained in awhile so here it goes...

Last week Tesla updated my March 2021 order EDD to March 13-31 (from it's previous value of "July"). I took that as good news since it's unlikely they would bump it up several months and give it specific range unless it was more solid. So I got financing arranged (takes 2 days), then I got trade in quotes for my car, all of that is good for 30 days.

This morning, they put the EDD at July again. Honestly so ****ing pissed. Their bullshit is really making me not want this car at all.
Is that the method to their madness? Push us to the point we just walk away?

Reactions: Great White
I've had 2 Xs and currently daily a Y. The X feels airier but in actual capacity if only seating 4...it feels about the same. The 2nd row of the X definitely has more width and can fit 3 adults whereas the Y can't.

In the X 5 seater you cant put ski/snowboards through the armrest..wheras the Y you can fold down just the armrest. That alone makes it more viable for me for ski runs with 4.

To each their own but in my opinion the model Y feels cheap inside and handles poorly compared to every other version Tesla I’ve driven and owned. Not to mention it’s by far the ugliest of them all and has a “ very girly look to it kind of like the VW bug always did” in the words of my wife which I sadly 100% agree with. It does feel sportier than my 2016 90D X but I sure would hope so seeing how old that vehicle is and that it’s not a performance version.

Was your model 3 not a performance? Could explain why you like the Y better..
My wife calls it the charlie chaplin car lol. she thinks it looks awkward and weird.... I personally don't mind the look of it.. But I do agree with you on the ride quality.... Driving around NJ in my cousins MYP I felt like I was on a wooden roller coaster.

My wife calls it the charlie chaplin car lol. she thinks it looks awkward and weird.... I personally don't mind the look of it.. But I do agree with you on the ride quality.... Driving around NJ in my cousins MYP I felt like I was on a wooden roller coaster.
Yes, the ride quality is actually the biggest reason why I'm getting another X and then a LUCID after. I think that is one of Tesla's weak points is their suspension.

Taycan is comfortable yet handles better.

Any tips on how to get hold on the SC prior to delivery?
I have deliver scheduled for Thursday, trying to call/email the SC (Paramus, NJ) to confirm it but no response, nothing, the calls goes to a call center and they don't know anything, I emailed my SA and few generic emails at the SC - zero response

Were you ever able to get in touch with the Paramus store? I need to give them a call to confirm that my car is still scheduled to arrive tomorrow so they can change my pick up date to Friday.