Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know that the price increases aren't nice, but weren't the prices higher back around 2016-2017? I know that my 2016 S was significantly more expensive than my 2017 S. Just trying to add some levity to the situation. Also, didn't the refreshed S already go through a price increase later on in 2021?
I bought my 2016 6-seat Model X 90D for $118,000 plus tax, etc. This included almost all options, many of which are standard on the car now. Adjusting for inflation, that would be over $139,000 today. Prices declined for a few years after 2016, and now they're back up. As others have noted, Tesla pricing is a lot more volatile than other cars.
I conclude my timing was bad from a cost perspective when I bought my first Model X, and my timing was good when I placed my current order (April 2021). However, I love my 2016 Model X and do not regret buying it when I did!

Congrats. Would you mind share the screen shot and order date?
4/9/2022 Order Date.
VIN only shows up when I first swipe to the X and then changes back to the RN.
image.jpg

4/9/2022 Order Date.
VIN only shows up when I first swipe to the X and then changes back to the RN.
View attachment 781390
If you go the your Model X order account in Tesla (desktop preferred) and right click the page, you click on "inspect" Then ctl-F and type in Vin in the search bar. There will be a line that looks like this containing your VIN
1647374616629.png

Reactions: Great White
I didn't find any problems so far, the car was almost perfect. A very small scratch that I might have them buff out, but you can barely see it. After spending time setting it up, tested it in the driveway, short drive, and now it is pouring in Texas. I guess I'll take pictures tomorrow. Love it so far and the grandkids want to sit in it to play games rather than use the console in the house.
Definitely have them buff it out. They shouldn't deliver a car with that kind of blemish. Still quite good (and unusual) that this was the only problem you spotted.

Reactions: Great White
Said it before, about to say it again: The global supply chain just-in-time model sucks. Doesn't work. Add a war, factory shutdowns in Asia due to COVID, need one say more? These all wise CEO types are anything but that.

Mercedes just announced construction of a new battery plant in Alabama. Great -- if this happened to be 2026 or thereabouts. It's not 2026 or thereabouts. Legacy auto continues to be late to the party.

Another tidbit: Aluminum, a key component for making Teslas, is up roughly 1/3 to $3,393 per ton from ~$2,250 last year at this time. Russia is (make that was) a key exporter of aluminum. Shortages of foam used in car seats, rubber, the list goes on and on. The price increases we're seeing are global and real. (PS governments only have a peripheral effect/responsibility for inflation, 90% of this stuff is due to supply and greedy corps. It would take 10,000 words to lay that scenario out; suffice to say, you wanna blame someone look at corporate boardrooms, not the halls of government wherever you live -- outside of Russia).

As I sit here waiting for my new MX -- 13 months without a car due to my financial planner's suggestion that I sell my X in 2/21, which I did -- I watch the price go up for new orders by leaps and bounds. Through the frustration, I have to keep reminding myself that I've now been waiting for a new Cpap machine for 6 months. Asked my doctor about it the other day, he said there's nothing he can do to juice the manufacturer. The foam used in manufacturing the things is hard to come by. Factories damaged by hurricanes, product recalls, etc. Long story.

Despite opening two new factories, Tesla is now almost sold out for every model through the end of the year. They can't make them fast enough DESPITE upping production at an insane rate. ($5 a gallon gas will do that).

Do what you want. Here's what I'm doing:
1. Cursing myself for not going with the 6 seat option when Tesla offered last November.
2. Buying as much Tesla stock as spare cash allows.
3. Putting every dime from an annuity (yeah, yeah, I know, I fired that financial planner 15 years ago over it and for other reasons) into savings pretending I'm already paying for a new X to lower the % I will eventually have to finance to less than 40% of the price.
4. And just wait for Godot to drive up to deliver my new X. SOB is way late as usual.

Remember just a month ago, we were all complaining about the routine 15th of the month push back. Well, I think the more realistic (although likely not accurate) July date we all got is better. We are seeing some July EDD move to March EDD's. Let's hope Tesla keeps the ramp up on production while being mindful of quality and start moving more 5 seaters!