Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cutie😍

Attachments

• 08A685CC-1F00-48EB-989C-B12C4E94D556.jpeg
    08A685CC-1F00-48EB-989C-B12C4E94D556.jpeg
    686.2 KB · Views: 91
A few takeaways after about 2 weeks of ownership.

I had my LR gray/white delivered after waiting 406 days. Initial delivery was smooth, simple, and exciting. The car is seriously like nothing I've driven before. Kids love it, seats are futuristic. Sound system is top notch. Acceleration is wayyy more than anyone needs. Ride on the air suspension is amazing. Overall, extremely pleased. I put PPF on the front (shop did an amazing job) which should save the paint from brutal Colorado winter roads.

But, a few problems have popped up (already!!).

-The trim behind the third row catches and has broken the plastic caps. This happed the first time I folded up the seat.
-Passenger side front window no longer goes all the way up or down automatically.
-Charge door no longer opens when I press my Gen3 wall charger button (it did at first).
-The rear door is totally crooked. It's too far to the left at the top and too far to the right on the bottom. It works fine, so I'm not sure what they are going to do about that...
-I still don't have any key fobs
-Condensation in the right tail lights
-About 30% of the time, I get a warning saying "Turn signal fault." and I need to get it serviced. Seems to work fine, but that's disconcerting.
-I don't have FSD. Auto drive is completely worthless to me when traveling in the right lane on the highway. Every time I pass an off ramp, the car decelerates quickly because it thinks the speed limit is suddenly 40 (the speed of the off ramp). I have a 2/2012 build, so I'm assuming I don't have radar. I was also traveling on a 2 lane road this morning, and a big truck was coming the other way. The car erroneously thought the truck was in my lane and slammed on my brakes. Thank goodness no one was behind me!

Other impressions:
-Turn signals - when they are not giving me a fault, I actually love them.
-yoke - It's great... when you are not using it to actually steer the vehicle. It's fine, futuristic, a fan favorite, and totally video game-like on the road, but it's really quite dumb in parking lots. Just my opinion. It's not a deal breaker, and it's novel. I don't hate it enough to invest in an aftermarket steering wheel (I love a heated yoke), but I miss a regular steering wheel.
-automatic high beams and windshield wipers - these really are quite inferior to simpler systems in MUCH cheaper cars.

Do I love the car? Most definitely. Is it perfect? No. But it's worth the wait. Hang in there.
That's a lot of issues. I would have 100% rejected this vehicle, assuming they were apparent at time of delivery.

Anyone in DFW area who has or is going to take delivery would like to meet? I kept dreaming about getting my car now that the March 18 - 31 EDD is coming close... it has become a mental issue and I can't sleep well because of this anymore 🤯

I told myself that I wouldn't get my hopes up when EDD changed from July to March, but I just can't control it...

Reactions: Zygote1975
Hmm I had August as my EDD for the longest time and it just changed yesterday to Mar 18-31. Anyone else with August EDD change to March timeframe? My delivery address is in Seattle.
I had an Oct EDD for a MXP ordered on Jan 12 of this year that went to Apr 5-23 earlier this week. I'm not sure I really believe it as I had a Feb EDD in January! I'm taking the change with a grain of salt and fully expect it to change back to Oct sometime soon!