Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good morning! :)

Looking at all the user order updates recently I found that many are out of date or not in the spreadsheet at all.

If you have not entered your information yet, may I request you drop your details? It shouldn't take more than a few seconds.

The more data points we have the better we can predict and document trends :)

@studioloft - The Undelivered number does not add up
Total Orders580
Undelivered48483.4%
Delivered14124.3%
With VIN17930.9%

Congratulations! Hope it goes well. I also have a 5 seat with cream interior ordered so this is encouraging.
Happy for you guys that ordered the 5 and got the 5.

But like many others, I ordered the 5 but got “the call” to move to a 6 to get it sooner and agreed to the $6500 up charge to boot, and it is still not delivered, and the VIN I have is a 2021 been sitting since mid Oktober in Fremont waiting for parts, and they won’t let me go back to the 5 without paying the new new high high price. Urg

BUT They locked in the old price, i get the radar, I get the old charging port with the halo light, I get the old tail lights that look better imo, and the six seat config looks pretty sexy, and hopefully my bass will fit in the back as well as it does on my 2018 X I am trading in. Going crazy waiting since February 2021. Wasting so much time on this app but enjoying it so much! I’m going to have to extend my federal tax returns again this year because of this.

Wohooo. Back again to March with a delivery window of 20-24. VIN assigned as well. 7SAXCBE5XNF3361xx.
Please fill out the spreadsheet for tracking purpose.

Finally! 3/31/21 order date. They pushed my EDD to July just a day before getting a VIN.

Questions for you guys...
1. Where can I get a good checklist to make sure Tesla isn't giving me one of their problem cars?
2. It's a home delivery and I have financing setup. Can I wait until my appointment and I inspect the car to send the down payment via ECH?
3. Does anyone have a good recommendation for a Seattle area wrap that doesn't cost $10K? I want to get a wrap similar to this...

1647532378531.png
1647532647838.png

Reactions: lexus26
Well if you see a black/white LR with 20" wheels say hi for me lol.....

By the way do you know how the plates and registration process works with Tesla in NJ? Do we get plates and everything in the mail? or do we get paperwork to take to the MVC?

whenever I buy from BMW dealership I pay them all of the fees and get my plates in the mail via fedex which is nice... the MVC in northern NJ is an absolute sugar show and I try to avoid it like the plague.
With my previous Tesla they send the new plates via Fedex, it took about 3 weeks.

• Love
Reactions: JER85
Yes and I would guess these are white or black; cream not included. I regret my choice of cream and would switch to white interior if it didn’t jeopardize my wait or price.
I just received a vin for a 5 passenger - Long Range - White Exterior with Cream Interior - 20" Wheels - FSD - Vin #7SAXCDE5XNF336xxx assigned 3/14 - EDD 3/24-28 - Hope is out there for us Creamers!

A few takeaways after about 2 weeks of ownership.

I had my LR gray/white delivered after waiting 406 days. Initial delivery was smooth, simple, and exciting. The car is seriously like nothing I've driven before. Kids love it, seats are futuristic. Sound system is top notch. Acceleration is wayyy more than anyone needs. Ride on the air suspension is amazing. Overall, extremely pleased. I put PPF on the front (shop did an amazing job) which should save the paint from brutal Colorado winter roads.

But, a few problems have popped up (already!!).

-The trim behind the third row catches and has broken the plastic caps. This happed the first time I folded up the seat.
-Passenger side front window no longer goes all the way up or down automatically.
-Charge door no longer opens when I press my Gen3 wall charger button (it did at first).
-The rear door is totally crooked. It's too far to the left at the top and too far to the right on the bottom. It works fine, so I'm not sure what they are going to do about that...
-I still don't have any key fobs
-Condensation in the right tail lights
-About 30% of the time, I get a warning saying "Turn signal fault." and I need to get it serviced. Seems to work fine, but that's disconcerting.
-I don't have FSD. Auto drive is completely worthless to me when traveling in the right lane on the highway. Every time I pass an off ramp, the car decelerates quickly because it thinks the speed limit is suddenly 40 (the speed of the off ramp). I have a 2/2012 build, so I'm assuming I don't have radar. I was also traveling on a 2 lane road this morning, and a big truck was coming the other way. The car erroneously thought the truck was in my lane and slammed on my brakes. Thank goodness no one was behind me!

Other impressions:
-Turn signals - when they are not giving me a fault, I actually love them.
-yoke - It's great... when you are not using it to actually steer the vehicle. It's fine, futuristic, a fan favorite, and totally video game-like on the road, but it's really quite dumb in parking lots. Just my opinion. It's not a deal breaker, and it's novel. I don't hate it enough to invest in an aftermarket steering wheel (I love a heated yoke), but I miss a regular steering wheel.
-automatic high beams and windshield wipers - these really are quite inferior to simpler systems in MUCH cheaper cars.

Do I love the car? Most definitely. Is it perfect? No. But it's worth the wait. Hang in there.
Roll the windows ALL the way down and then back up. That should allow auto-down and up to work. I had to do that to mine.

• Helpful
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Finally! 3/31/21 order date. They pushed my EDD to July just a day before getting a VIN.

Questions for you guys...
1. Where can I get a good checklist to make sure Tesla isn't giving me one of their problem cars?
2. It's a home delivery and I have financing setup. Can I wait until my appointment and I inspect the car to send the down payment via ECH?
3. Does anyone have a good recommendation for a Seattle area wrap that doesn't cost $10K? I want to get a wrap similar to this...

What is your configuration?

I used Jay's Tint Shop in Kirkland for PPF on my Model 3 and they did a great job for a reasonable price.

April ‘21, 5 seat, white, cream, 20”, NO FSD. Still July Estimate
Same here... April 2021 order. MX-LR/White/Beige/20/NOFSD. I had a date range in March for about a week. Now back in July.

My finger hurts from refreshing and hoping to magically see a VIN. I now officially have a "Tesla finger". For new kids on the block... we used to have a term "Blackberry thumb" in the past for injury/irritation in thumb tendons and muscles caused by excessive use of handheld devices.

• Funny
Reactions: KidsEyeDr and retco
This might be a dumb question, but why does an EV need to be inspected? I thought the purpose of vehicle inspections was to make sure your emissions were under control and you weren't driving around polluting excessively. I could be wrong though.
They check for non-emissions stuff such as cracked windshields, lights working, etc. Money grab for sure.

• Informative
Reactions: KidsEyeDr and JER85