Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2022 Model X Plaid has/had the "safety restraint system fault" error. When the error is displayed I cannot move the middle seat. I have had the error on both the left and right middle seats (and once both seats). And then the error goes away before the next drive (mostly). So far for the last 2 days I have not had the error. I have the latest software version, 2022.12.1. Weird.
Yeah it went away today and I could move it

This is so cool if I keep a 100 score its only $120 😳
78B2DD78-52F2-42ED-8BF6-67234E4FE182.jpeg

sooo tesla rolled out insurance today for Virginia (shocked my state outta all states) lol took my $350 GEICO bill for my Model X down to just $197 with tesla…. But it reset my safety score to 100 and took away all the miles I drove 😒. Granted no one has gotten the beta for months so I have time to get back up to 100 miles but still thats weird
I have Tesla Insurance in California for my Y. Got a quote from Wawanesa and it was actually 200-300 cheaper over a year with Wawanesa. Was waiting for my X before switching.

Today I added the X I am picking up in an hour to my Tesal Insurance it added less than $100 a month to my premium. I then called Wawanesa and my total policy with both cars would be 1k more a year.

Wawanesa is like $500 a year for both cars. So Wawanesa rates for the X Plaid is very high. He said it was 1,100 per 6 months

• Love
Reactions: kingjones94
I have Tesla Insurance in California for my Y. Got a quote from Wawanesa and it was actually 200-300 cheaper over a year with Wawanesa. Was waiting for my X before switching.

Today I added the X I am picking up in an hour to my Tesal Insurance it added less than $100 a month to my premium. I then called Wawanesa and my total policy with both cars would be 1k more a year.

Wawanesa is like $500 a year for both cars. So Wawanesa rates for the X Plaid is very high. He said it was 1,100 per 6 months
How did the pickup go? I believe you are one of the first ones to pickup the X after 4/15(deliveries were on hold from 4/1 to 4/15).

Any surprises/changes/updates?

Reactions: Elixir
Regarding the 'Mobile Charging Cable' and the trailer hitch receiver. (currently have 2018 XLR 100d)

I use the mobile charge regularly. Why? I pay ten cents per kilowatt-hour for electricity here. Chump change. Public chargers of any sort are in the forty cents range. And they're probably paying a corporate rate of six cents. I only use superchargers when I'm on a longer trip. And, I'll calculate how much power it'll take to get home so I don't line someone else's pockets with over-priced electricity. So, no, I'm happy to charge at home. Really. Back the car into the garage, plug it in, and forget it. Easy Peasy. Did I mention that I'm of Scots heritage?

I use the hitch for my bicycle rack. I do a lot of cycling and haul the bikes around a lot. If the car had not come with a receiver I would have installed one myself (like I did on the Lexus Rx400h). When I bought it I asked the SA if I could install a receiver. He asked why, since the package I ordered came with one installed. So, I'm happy to have it. Really.

For all of the problems that I've read about here (good lord, I feel for all of you and remain apprehensive about my delivery, should it ever occur. New XLR six seater ordered January 29, 2021), I have to say that my current X is easily the best car I've ever owned. Safest, most reliable, most fun to drive..... Really.

Bob

How did the pickup go? I believe you are one of the first ones to pickup the X after 4/15(deliveries were on hold from 4/1 to 4/15).

Any surprises/changes/updates?
no updates, except the 20" Plaid wheels came with Conti all seasons.

No Matrix headlights

surprises...came with a big splatter of bird poop

I wonder if they are spec'ing for canada and came with all seasons on Plaid as all Plaids even 20s have been summer tires. I actually prefer the all seasons so it was good for me but not for others possibly.

• Informative
Reactions: sorka and croman
no updates, except the 20" Plaid wheels came with Conti all seasons.

No Matrix headlights

surprises...came with a big splatter of bird poop

I wonder if they are spec'ing for canada and came with all seasons on Plaid as all Plaids even 20s have been summer tires. I actually prefer the all seasons so it was good for me but not for others possibly.

When a bird pooped on my Model S at delivery time, someone here told me it was good luck. I will pass that thought on to you. :cool:

Congratulations!

Bruce.

Any idea on what it takes to maintain a score of 100
When turning - You basically need to imagine that your grandmother is sitting in the back seat holding a scolding hot cup of soup filled all the way to the top. First turn you take that’s above .04 G’s, you are getting a aggressive turning notice.

That being said, I’ve been on Tesla insurance for a month and half now. The first month I took a bit of a hit dropping the score to 98, but the more I drove and paid attention to aggressive turning and unsafe following, I got it back to 100. I have a 2018 LR 3 and the rate is $53/per month at 100.