Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I experienced false input on physical controls myself. This happened yesterday as one of the symptoms of computer overheating. The false input occurred multiple times and it quickly reversed my physical counteracting input. This was an awful experience, believe me!
Can you say more details about "physical controls input" and the "symptoms" you have experienced. We all want to know.

Any idea on what it takes to maintain a score of 100
Exactly! We've been a constant 99 score - trying to get FSD beta. We have a lot of 100 score days in the mix but overall still a 99 total. All it takes is one person to pull out in front of you and you are forced to hit your breaks - or someone cuts in front of you and decreases your following distance. You get dinged for both - although its a small amount and we still have a 99 - that's not 100 score and wouldn't qualify for that awesome rate.

Exactly! We've been a constant 99 score - trying to get FSD beta. We have a lot of 100 score days in the mix but overall still a 99 total. All it takes is one person to pull out in front of you and you are forced to hit your breaks - or someone cuts in front of you and decreases your following distance. You get dinged for both - although its a small amount and we still have a 99 - that's not 100 score and wouldn't qualify for that awesome rate.

...or take a corner fast because the guy behind is tailing you and you'd rather not end up in an accident. It's comical because it doesn't catch things like not using a turn signal for a lane change or turns or illegal U-turns. I doubt whether the inside camera can decide whether someone actually looks before doing lane changes or backing up too - along with many, many other issues that are actually part of the rules of the road. This a fictional set of criteria that shouldn't be implemented until it's fully vetted.

Ha! Not in California, where Tesla (or any other insurer) is not permitted to use such things to determine rates.
If this is the case, the law is anti competitive and should be challenged. Also, Tesla wouldn’t be able to offer even a lower rate for a 100 vs a 90, or the law is capricious and should be overthrown.

Basically, if this is the case, Tesla’s whole insurance model is not possible in California, because as far as I know, Tesla’s insurance rates are based on individual risk.

If this is the case, the law is anti competitive and should be challenged. Also, Tesla wouldn’t be able to offer even a lower rate for a 100 vs a 90, or the law is capricious and should be overthrown.

Basically, if this is the case, Tesla’s whole insurance model is not possible in California, because as far as I know, Tesla’s insurance rates are based on individual risk.
Tesla, like other insurance companies, has to rely on static driving record. Not dynamic.

...or take a corner fast because the guy behind is tailing you and you'd rather not end up in an accident. It's comical because it doesn't catch things like not using a turn signal for a lane change or turns or illegal U-turns. I doubt whether the inside camera can decide whether someone actually looks before doing lane changes or backing up too - along with many, many other issues that are actually part of the rules of the road. This a fictional set of criteria that shouldn't be implemented until it's fully vetted.
I hear you but I think one of the great aspects of Tesla is just doing stuff, since they are constantly iterating.

They don’t always get it right on first try. And they are trying so many things I think they are struggling constantly to keep up with all the development needed.

But at least they TRY. They do stuff. They move the needle forward.