Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you so much! They actually switched to a delivery center and for today! I am going to get in a few hours! Cant wait. Any suggestions on most important things to look for?
1) Door handle alignment.
2) Falcon wing doors open and close without hitting paint.
2a) all doors open and close remotely
3) Wrinkles in seat upholstery
4) warping of view through window glass (esp front and rear)
5) any major paint issues (chips, missing areas)
I personally think minor orange peel etc is irrelevant but to each their own

6) USB ports all working

1) Door handle alignment.
2) Falcon wing doors open and close without hitting paint.
2a) all doors open and close remotely
3) Wrinkles in seat upholstery
4) warping of view through window glass (esp front and rear)
5) any major paint issues (chips, missing areas)
I personally think minor orange peel etc is irrelevant but to each their own

6) USB ports all working
#2. hitting paint?

and if I don't have time and just drive off, can I ask Tesla to fix imperfections few days later?

Can you sell an untitled car though? I'd hate to have to spend the ~$6k it costs in tag, tax, title (Oklahoma is 3.25% excise and 1.25% sales tax) to get the car in my name before I could sell to someone else.
Personally I don't know the exact detail but there are quite few people had done it here earlier this year and also on FB. The new buyer is preferred in the same state so they don't get double tax. New buyer comes up with cashier check which is proof that they are paying for the car off to Tesla, finalize the private arrangement, signed title and just change the registration to new buyer name. There was one case new buyer who flew from out of state.

I should have taken photos, and can on my drive home tonight if they are still there. They were definitely both Plaids as stated on the top of the window sticker sheets and with the carbon fiber/back plaid placard/seat stitching. IIRC both said $84,9k base, FSD added, colors added and one was $101k and one was $107k. I don't recall a line item for the Plaid upgrade which is weird. This may not be an accurate. Not trying to derail the thread. Just felt like I had been punched in the gut when I saw the price so low. Thank you for the info above.
Then it sounds like LR models. The Plaid upgrade is $41.5k solely. So the total sticker price will never be below $126.5k. Even for those of us who ordered the 5/7 seaters and were promised a credit by Tesla when converted to 6 seaters (including myself), the adjustment was made afterwards as a referral credit. With the FSD, the sticker price should be at least 136.5k. Hope this makes you feel better😃

Did price go down by $2K?

Did you do it to get a sooner delivery (since I have not seen a lot of creams delivered)?
My EDD has not changed, but the interior color change showed up in my account only an hour ago.
Actually, I also changed exterior color for mine from blue to black. No price differences. Takes 3 days to change it.
Sending e-mail to Jorge - 1st day
Got reply from Jorge to confirm the changes and reply to Jorge that I confirm that - 2nd day
Change made- 3rd day.

Change was applied kind of immediately. I think Jorge said the changes will affects to the delivery date but did not mentioned whether it’s in good way or bad way. My date did not changed at all. Still July 29 - September 9 probably 2022.

Jorge came through and changed my interior color with no change in base price to my 4/2021 order. Although today my EDD moved to the next quarter, I’m going to keep waiting and see what happens. Not in a hurry at this point, particularly at the price I have locked in.
Do you think changing interior from black to white will expedite the order? Given that it is higher price and could be fewer orders compared to black interior?

#2. hitting paint?

and if I don't have time and just drive off, can I ask Tesla to fix imperfections few days later?
Mine doesn’t have that issue but I’ve heard an old issue with X doors was the alignment problems caused wear points in the paint

And yes I simply put in a service request before I drove 100 miles, listing the initial concerns I had (of varying degrees of significance).

Reactions: MxTaycan
The last six digits of a VIN hold the "build data" - the specific options on the car. While they are typically sequential, they can bounce around to different ranges depending on the vehicle options/configuration. For $10 you can buy the 2022 VIN manual from NICB and dig a little deeper - but only into the first 11 digits.
No need to pay to "decrypt" the first 11 digits of VIN. It's all over online for free.
I doubt about the last 6 digits is holding "build data". I leave it to experts to talk about it.

Reactions: focher and MxTaycan