Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Revisiting the USB soap opera. Car is XLR Refresh. I picked it up on June 4th. Noticed that the USB sticks had some weirdness. Using the glove box port: when a stick without the TeslaCam folder is inserted the display picks up the USB stick. However, when the TeslaCam folder is installed the USB icon disappears. Drove me crazy. Spoke with a Tesla tech yesterday and was informed that you cannot mix and match media (playlists) with the video clips. Crazy because that's exactly how I did it on the 2018 XLR. He suggested that I use the Tesla stick in the glovebox and something else with media in the center console. I got a 1TB SSD from COSTCO and transferred a lot of my music to it and plugged it in to one of the center console ports (USB-C). USB icon appears and I'm able to play the media. Using the Tesla stick in the glovebox for videos. Everything appears to be OK, but I don't understand why mixing and matching is not allowed. Don't really care for the long-ish USB-C plug because I know I'll throw something into the storage area and snap it off. So I'll look for a relatively small right angle adapter.

Another problem. I use a ferry to get from Bainbridge to Seattle. The metal decking obscures the GPS satellites (obviously) so the position icon stays on Bainbridge while I'm on the ferry. No surprise. On the old XLR just s soon as I cleared the ferry the GPS would get a fix and display the icon properly. Again, no surprise. On the Refresh I noticed that the GPS had no idea where it was as I exited the ferry. Remained that way until I got up the North Seattle. I know that there's a Dead Reckoning capability (minimal) in the system. The wheels can measure distance and the gyro and compass sensors can give an idea of orientation. So the icon showed me driving around Puget Sound. That was a surprise. Did a reboot and the GPS location corrected itself. The technician I spoke with yesterday asked me to send time stamps to him so he could go back into my car's system and check it out. When I got off the ferry yesterday the GPS was still lost. Then after a few minutes it corrected itself. It could be that the LTE module is faulty. We'll see. I'll keep checking....
May be a dumb suggestion but, when you pull off the ferry, find a safe place to stop. Do a reset (holding down both scroll wheels) and when the system come back, you might be in business. Good luck

Reactions: timberlights
is this an accurate site to check the build date?
They just quote the actual build dates for cars and find the nearest cars to VIN you put in. The cars they return will be accurate, but it's been known for Tesla to build out of order, although I doubt it is every very far away. One thing I've noticed is data for the last few months is thin on the ground, but go back further and it gets pretty close.

Just got my car no major issues besides a slight missaligned raised falcon door. Seem pretty minimal.

Anyone else have that issue.
Our FWDs are ever so slightly misaligned when closed but it’s barely noticeable. They operate perfectly with no rubbing at all. Nothing obvious to us when raised. We took it. We see the adjustment knob and could adjust ourselves but not inclined to mess with them.

• Informative
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
No need to pay to "decrypt" the first 11 digits of VIN. It's all over online for free.
I doubt about the last 6 digits is holding "build data". I leave it to experts to talk about
Point is, the last six has no "pattern" like the first 11. It's basically the serial number portion of the VIN that only the manufacturer can decode for you - in turn they know exactly what's on the car.

Yes, surprised to see it. It is a Plaid as shown by the stitching. So there is something wrong with the sticker or it’s for Elon’s new girlfriend. I don’t think common customers were able to get this price by just placing the order early.
Shouldn't there be the $25k charge for the Long Range battery or is that included in the Plaid automatically? On my Long Range monroney it has the base price, then the long range battery charge, as if it was a selectable option.

For those of you who traded in a X for your new X, what all do you need to include with the trade-in? The two FOB's obviously, but do they also expect the mobile charger that came with the car, charging adapter, or the tow hitch/hookup? I've got no issues including them, but if they don't require them, I also have no problems either keeping the spares or ebay'ing them off.

Reactions: blodg1
For those of you who traded in a X for your new X, what all do you need to include with the trade-in? The two FOB's obviously, but do they also expect the mobile charger that came with the car, charging adapter, or the tow hitch/hookup? I've got no issues including them, but if they don't require them, I also have no problems either keeping the spares or ebay'ing them off.
Unless they recently quit shipping them, you will get a new tow receiver, so you might as well get rid of the old one. I never used mine and figured the next buyer might. Same with the home charger. But, you might be able to get something for that now that the cars don't some with one.

My June 24-28 ETA just went to June 19-25. I've got my VIN, but no request for a delivery appointment yet. Hopefully Sunday doesn't hold as the credit union would be closed, so a little tough to grab the check
Once you have the VIN, you need to reach out to the delivery center to set an appointment. AFAIK, it is not automatic. At least that is what I did. I received no automatic notifications for anything. I found the VIN on the web site.

Also, not to worry about Sunday. Automobile dealers (including Tesla) in Indiana are closed on Sundays, state law.

Reactions: phantom1584