Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Big day today- picking up at 3pm (Austin) the seat discount ($3k) came through on my sales agreement as well. I sold my M3P through CarBuyerUSA and they have already paid through wire. Still waiting on their pickup timing. Cant say enough good things about CBUSA- great team and high touch. Hoping for a good clean X and smooth pickup! Will report back later today.
Congrats from fellow Texan! I am taking delivery tomorrow, can't wait!

For my 2018 Model 3, nobody is giving me nearly as much as what Tesla is offering... $43.7k for my LR RWD with 56000 miles. Just checked out CBUSA and they are quoting me just shy of $41k...

I just got the text to schedule delivery! Right in the middle of my honeymoon. Aug 13-15 are my options for delivery. There is no way I can move the trip at this point since we leave in a week. Does anyone have any experience with setting up a power of attorney to have someone accept delivery on your behalf? I’m going to try and call Mt Kisco in the morning to see if they will allow me to pick a different day to accept delivery. If not I have no other option other than PoA 😭or they just say sucks to be you and I lose the Model X
After waiting 6+ months, we got our refresh Model S delivery text right in the middle of a family vacay last June (of course) - after a hard negotiation I was able to make the purchase electronically and they held it for a day for us. In your case they may do longer. It's annoying how they have us by the bllz. Sometimes I wonder why we all put up with this from them.

Of course even though it wasn't initiated by the customer, according to Tesla this counts as the one hold. Great CS continues all around!
Tesla needs a customer service makeover. Reminds me of T-Mobile USA's reputation in the past of poor customer service + poor cell phone service. Once they got way way better in customer service and became a leader in that realm people started to be less angry with cell service issues and now they're actually pretty great at cell service and 5G as well.

This is the problem of having a dictator at the helm that is ultra focused on the R&D side of things and less on the business side of things. You need both I feel.

Installed charger in anticipation— guy installed 50amp wire; -any strong opinions of getting 40 versus 48 (on 60amp) on home charger?
You okay leaving 1,920 watts (8a*240v) on the table? 9,600w vs 11,520w.

In the grand scheme of things it's peanuts but I'd get that contractor back out there and do it once and do it right. 2x THHN 6 gauge conductors 1x THHN 8 gauge ground in a 3/4" conduit so you can properly run a 60 amp breaker and charge @ the full 48a (80% derate) that the HPWC can offer.

PPF Question. I am curious if most MX buyers intend to get PPF? If yes, full body or just front?

Thanks
I have frontal PPF on my 3, it's saved my bacon several times. PPF looks like utter crap though up close since it's a pre cut and on a white car = dirty lines stand out galore.

I'm still on the fence if I'm gonna do a frontal PPF on my dark blue X. If I do I'm gonna go Buffalo Bill full tuck. 🙃

Might just stick to a spray on sealant and top coat wax (Turtle Wax products) and call it a day. Jury is still out if I wanna drop the $2k+.

• Funny
Reactions: AMM89
You okay leaving 1,920 watts (8a*240v) on the table? 9,600w vs 11,520w.

In the grand scheme of things it's peanuts but I'd get that contractor back out there and do it once and do it right. 2x THHN 6 gauge conductors 1x THHN 8 gauge ground in a 3/4" conduit so you can properly run a 60 amp breaker and charge @ the full 48a (80% derate) that the HPWC can offer.
Brilliant. In layman’s terms, I see it as 1.25 hours slower charge time for a zero -full charge. Night time home charging, plus averaging 40-80% charge over night. Will I really miss the extra charging rate? Curious.