Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Resale is terrible. I bought my 2022 MX Plaid for $132k OTD figuring that I could drive it for a year and sell for what I paid. As the market started to dive six weeks ago I started checking all the wholesale channels and found offers as low as $99k at Vroom and up to $129k at CarMax. After seven days, CarMax dropped to $119K so I listed online for $137k and ended up getting $133k. I am very happy to have it gone now that I see dealers dropping below $130k with less miles than I had.

bought my '21 X LR+ for $89k, trade it back to Tesla last week for $95k. I thought it was quite reasonable. Then I see they sell similar specced car in inventory for $106,200 without FSD. I got credit for FSD per the trade-in quote.

I had over 30k miles on the '21 LR+. Trade in was painless. Home delivery, drop off new car, drove off in old X. done.

I was pretty happy with the results.

-ThinkMac-

Overdue on waiting for a MX Plaid 20" black/ white interior to be "delivered" at the Fremont factory and just received this from Tesla by text:

Hi Jason, you may have an opportunity to take delivery of a Model S Plaid by Friday if you are open to different color or wheel options. Please reply YES and a Tesla representative will reach out to talk through options.

Correction: Hi Jason, the previous message had a typo on the model. Please reply back if you'd like to talk through options for your Model X Plaid.

shows production has resumed on the S/X line today so I guess this means that they are not currently producing new Plaids and they're trying to match me with one in inventory.

Reactions: RC51 Tofuman
I just got matched with my 2nd one after I rejected my first one due to a door ding, but I noticed this paint chip. The white seats are dirty too.

Should I accept and schedule a fix?

Attachments

• IMG_3522.jpeg
    IMG_3522.jpeg
    336.9 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_3528.jpeg
    IMG_3528.jpeg
    273.2 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_3527.jpeg
    IMG_3527.jpeg
    285.4 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_3526.jpeg
    IMG_3526.jpeg
    129.6 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_3525.jpeg
    IMG_3525.jpeg
    604.6 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_3524.jpeg
    IMG_3524.jpeg
    314.8 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_3523.jpeg
    IMG_3523.jpeg
    336.9 KB · Views: 122
After 456 days I took delivery today on my June 2021 ordered MX LR white 7 seater, black interior and 22s.

I picked up at the Marina del Rey location. From the time I got VIN to delivery everything was super fast since I’m in CA. Since my loan check cleared and all docs were filled out prior I simply went to a parking spot and spent time going over every inch of the car before driving off.

They were super helpful with my questions and helped me clean tape and sticky marks on the car. Spots I thought were scratches were simply dirt that they rubbed off.

Now that I’m home and have played in the car for a few hours:
-one of the rear doors keeps catching and won’t latch on the first try. Then it latches on the second try when I use the app to try and close it. Did someone else have this problem? Seems like the sensor is the issue and don’t know how to troubleshoot before making appt.
-I’m a working mom. This car was a gift to myself, my husbands definitely jealous, but we’ve never been Tesla owners and have a lot to learn. Kids and I are getting really car sick from the regenerative braking. I’ll need some practice for sure!
-need to know where to go for best practices. I’m in tech and still can’t figure out controlling the rear air from the front. I also couldn’t figure out the front Sun visors etc. User manual without videos is worthless in my opinion.
-super disappointed there are no cup holders in the 2nd row of the 7 seater. What does everyone recommend purchasing for the kiddos? Is there a seat protector that goes over the front seats to make seatback storage I can buy that you all recommend?
-no front camera sucks. Coming from an Audi Q7 with all around cameras I forgot how to park. How does the X not have a front view? Am I missing a trick for parking within the lines?

In the frunk was an adaptor, parts for the 22” rims, a tow hitch, and license plate frames for front and back. Basic mats fit great and just needed to be put on the right place. I was told I was lucky to get those items.

Received $200 credit for charger right after I got VIN and funded deposit, which was a few days before pickup.

Definitely want 1 key fob. Going to the the trick on the thread.

Grateful and thankful for this community and the tracking doc. Asking this group where to go for X tips and tricks so I can maximize being a new/first timeTesla owner. Is there a sub group we graduate to? Or just search and post in the general X forum? Anyone want to FaceTime me and give me their best practices?? :)

Attachments

• 5C5C3627-A975-40FB-A2D7-971516F9A558.jpeg
    5C5C3627-A975-40FB-A2D7-971516F9A558.jpeg
    536 KB · Views: 118
  • 6BEC85E2-CE86-42CB-BA58-5484495EBBEF.jpeg
    6BEC85E2-CE86-42CB-BA58-5484495EBBEF.jpeg
    499.5 KB · Views: 130
  • 6FE1ABAF-983D-4A69-BB0A-5E03494396A7.jpeg
    6FE1ABAF-983D-4A69-BB0A-5E03494396A7.jpeg
    624.6 KB · Views: 134
bought my '21 X LR+ for $89k, trade it back to Tesla last week for $95k. I thought it was quite reasonable. Then I see they sell similar specced car in inventory for $106,200 without FSD. I got credit for FSD per the trade-in quote.

I had over 30k miles on the '21 LR+. Trade in was painless. Home delivery, drop off new car, drove off in old X. done.

I was pretty happy with the results.

-ThinkMac-
Wish I did what you did and just went ahead to purchase the X in 2020. I canceled that order and waited to re-order after price hikes. You were so smart!

Reactions: fiveten
After 456 days I took delivery today on my June 2021 ordered MX LR white 7 seater, black interior and 22s.

I picked up at the Marina del Rey location. From the time I got VIN to delivery everything was super fast since I’m in CA. Since my loan check cleared and all docs were filled out prior I simply went to a parking spot and spent time going over every inch of the car before driving off.

They were super helpful with my questions and helped me clean tape and sticky marks on the car. Spots I thought were scratches were simply dirt that they rubbed off.

-one of the rear doors keeps catching and won’t latch on the first try. Then it latches on the second try when I use the app to try and close it. Did someone else have this problem? Seems like the sensor is the issue and don’t know how to troubleshoot before making appt.
-I’m a working mom. This car was a gift to myself, my husbands definitely jealous, but we’ve never been Tesla owners and have a lot to learn. Kids and I are getting really car sick from the regenerative braking. I’ll need some practice for sure!
-need to know where to go for best practices. I’m in tech and still can’t figure out controlling the rear air from the front. I also couldn’t figure out the front Sun visors etc. User manual without videos is worthless in my opinion.
-super disappointed there are no cup holders in the 2nd row of the 7 seater. What does everyone recommend purchasing for the kiddos? Is there a seat protector that goes over the front seats to make seatback storage I can buy that you all recommend?
-no front camera sucks. Coming from an Audi Q7 with all around cameras I forgot how to park. How does the X not have a front view? Am I missing a trick for parking within the lines?

In the frunk was an adaptor, parts for the 22” rims, a tow hitch, and license plate frames for front and back. Basic mats fit great and just needed to be put on the right place. I was told I was lucky to get those items.

Received $200 credit for charger right after I got VIN and funded deposit, which was a few days before pickup.

Grateful and thankful for this community and the tracking doc. Asking this group where to go for X tips and tricks so I can maximize being a new/first timeTesla owner. Is there a sub group we graduate to? Or just search and post in the general X forum? Anyone want to FaceTime me and give me their best practices?? :)
Sorry can you share the trick again? I must have missed it.

No cup holder in the second row definitely sucks. Why is it in the S, 3 and Y but not the X!

Reactions: Elixir

The cup holders pop out below the screen

keep your safety score high recommendation
This has probably been discussed ad nauseam , but my wife and I after years find it impossible to crack the code of "Safety" scores. We are both excellent drivers with many years of accident and ticket free miles. I have struggled to attain 86. She is arguably a better driver than me and weighs in at 68! It seems Tesla wants you to drive the car as if it were Buick Century.

If you're not part of our Los Angeles Tesla Owners Club (TeslaClubLA) already, come join us at our monthly events where you can ask questions of other club members and everyone is happy to explain things to you. Here's our website... teslaclubla.com

Ok but isn’t the old adage you drive off the dealership lot and lose 50% of value?
There are many old sayings. I am talking about today and the market has taken a sharp turn. At the time many of us ordered the market was seriously booming. Of course that wasn't sustainable but you should take advantage when you can. Anyone following through with a major purchase today should absolutely heed your old adage. Personally, I am keeping cash on the sidelines so I can take advantage of the used car dip like I did in early 2020.

This has probably been discussed ad nauseam , but my wife and I after years find it impossible to crack the code of "Safety" scores. We are both excellent drivers with many years of accident and ticket free miles. I have struggled to attain 86. She is arguably a better driver than me and weighs in at 68! It seems Tesla wants you to drive the car as if it were Buick Century.
After being on a safety score system for a month, I realized that one thing that will drop your safety score greatly is pressing your brake. Almost anytime you press the brake, Tesla will consider it hard braking. You have to let the regen braking stop your car. So, I have to keep reminding myself to let go that gas pedal way before I need to stop. This is one of the most idiotic thing in the safety score system. How can using the brake of your car considered unsafe? I understand about the other things such as collision warning (which sometimes not accurate), forced autopilot disengagement (which means you are not paying attention) or close following (which means you need to keep your car so very far from the car in front of you and make the car behind you very mad). But not using the brake is just very counterintuitive to safe driving. Most of my score deduction came from hard braking, which usually happens when I was approaching the traffic light and it turned yellow on me. So, sometimes rather than pressing the brake, I chose to press the gas to accelerate. I don’t think that’s a safer drive. But that’s what Tesla safety score system wants you to do.

Reactions: Vitaman and Houpty