Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my VIN last Thursday (10/6) and my EDD is now 10/14-10/20 in the Bay Area. This is great, however I will be traveling during this time and will not able to pick up if delivery occurs within the EDD window. Can I push pick up back a few days? If so, how would I communicate this to Tesla? I've not been able to reach a person by calling (888) 518-3752.

Order Date: July 2021
I will recommend asking them to do home delivery. You can do the payment over the app and even sign the documents. TESLA does not hold the vehicle since they are in high demand.

Update because I know you’re all wondering.

Found another match but it would require driving to Tampa, and that makes no sense (that’s a general statement about Florida, not just about distance (sorry, couldn’t help myself)). So they ordered the canister of oil (as my SA calls it) to add to the motor. Fix takes 45 minutes. Once it arrives we can pick up same day. It was shipped last week, so might come today, might come Monday. Who can say?

If it comes today, should be able to pick it up Sunday before everyone leaves on various trips for three days; otherwise, I should be able to grab it Wednesday. Soon our long national nightmare will be over.

Meanwhile my EDD updates every day to: <yesterday> to <yesterday> + 7. Maybe the oil canister is a Time Machine?
Final update!

Took delivery a few hours ago. Weird stuff with financing and expiration dates, but got through that pretty quickly.

Ended up with the black 20” plaid instead of the 22” midnight plaid. Looks good. SO is driving it home in the rain now.

Final update!

Took delivery a few hours ago. Weird stuff with financing and expiration dates, but got through that pretty quickly.

Ended up with the black 20” plaid instead of the 22” midnight plaid. Looks good. SO is driving it home in the rain now.
Care to explain about the financing and expiration dates?

I am planning to do part cash and part financing and my EDD is 10/22 to 11/12, but have not lined up any bank/CU yet. Was waiting until I got Vinned.

I’m going to post this in several threads to try to capture as many responses. Does anyone feel a hard lump when sitting in the front seats? In the driver’s and front passenger seat, I find a hard lump right where my posterior rests on the seat. The pressure on my butt feels like I’m sitting on a basketball. When I push down on the area of either front seat with my hands, I can feel something — like a 8-10 inch x 6 inch plastic air cushion. It feels like an inflatable lumbar air cushion was placed in the seat but it cannot be deflated. Am I going crazy?

[Moderator Note: Cross posting is not permitted here, "several threads" has become just this one.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Care to explain about the financing and expiration dates?

I am planning to do part cash and part financing and my EDD is 10/22 to 11/12, but have not lined up any bank/CU yet. Was waiting until I got Vinned.
I went ahead and applied for financing earlier because, your know, car was going to be April, then September.

Apparently my offer expired a couple weeks back but the profile never showed it. They did a re-apply last night. I accepted the terms. Profile showed it as accepted. This morning it showed as expired. (What?). They had to move a bunch of things around and they financed me for more than I asked for somehow, too. Anyway, eventually he profile was right and I got it all done.
the car is gorgeous us.

Reactions: rx_for_assyria
Some information that might be useful, so I'm going to share.
I've placed 2 orders within the last month. Here's the EDD (that got updated a few days ago)
- Model X LR 6 seats white/white EAP(Feb 24-May05)
- Model X Plaid white/white EAP(Dec 03-Jan 14)
I would not be surprised if LR get pushed as we are getting closer to EDD.

Last edited:
Reactions: RC51 Tofuman
Btw the last 2 weeks I been searching for body shops that can do clean good work on clear ppf and stealth ppf and so far I’m getting quotes of $6-$8k for full vehicle plus about $1800 for full tint. Why is everything so expensive. That extra $9k for both is such a hard pill to swallow right now

I may go without ppf🥹

Btw the last 2 weeks I been searching for body shops that can do clean good work on clear ppf and stealth ppf and so far I’m getting quotes of $6-$8k for full vehicle plus about $1800 for full tint. Why is everything so expensive. That extra $9k for both is such a hard pill to swallow right now

I may go without ppf🥹
That tracks here in Central Florida as well from the quotes I've received.