Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well folks, after 17 months of waiting, today was delivery day and I have officially moved my tassel to the other side of my graduation cap.
Delivery went great! Thankfully my trade in car had enough juice left in battery and just enough gas to get me there, lol.
X looks prefect. Level handles on doors, no panel gaps, no paint issues, no interior issues, wheels and tires pristine. Couldn’t find a flaw on inspection, so I sent over the funds from Tesla app and accepted delivery
We are pleasantly surprised with the blue hues in the MSM paint! And the cream interior is a winner!
We would benefit from a Tesla seatbelt extender for our middle row booster. Can’t clip it in easily as is, so I’ll be in the lookout.
My wife did well driving it and seems to have adjusted well to yoke and stalkless driving.
I was confused on activating autopilot during first drive. The right scroll wheel activates it, not the small haptic button above it (between horn and wiper).
Happy to answer any questions anyone has!
Very pleased overall.
2CCC60A3-FFFA-4E3F-8C4A-74B5E495ED9C.jpeg

BE65DA46-BC0A-4AFC-9880-59D7269E4688.jpeg
F4400D32-6770-4095-B41D-E7B79F116FD0.jpeg
B2EE139B-C712-4A6B-BF98-FFDF34CAFDD8.jpeg
454A1B14-83AE-441C-88DC-9A8985A6F3AE.jpeg
814BBEE2-6C00-4D0A-81D8-7CA4399869FB.jpeg
B4C06B96-2352-402B-8979-A8D4170FC62A.jpeg

Last edited:
We would benefit from a Tesla seatbelt extender for our middle row booster. Can’t clip it in easily as is, so I’ll be in the lookout.
I have the same issue in my X. I got these rigid extenders for both back row and middle row seats. Works great for my kids' booster seats and they can plug in the seat belt all on their own. I got mine from Amazon but it's not listed there anymore. Found the same things at Walmart and LightInTheBox. Walmart seems to be just 1 whereas the other place sells it as a pair for almost the same price.

• Love
Reactions: Jwalker9
I have the same issue in my X. I got these rigid extenders for both back row and middle row seats. Works great for my kids' booster seats and they can plug in the seat belt all on their own. I got mine from Amazon but it's not listed there anymore. Found the same things at Walmart and LightInTheBox. Walmart seems to be just 1 whereas the other place sells it as a pair for almost the same price.
Thanks so much! I ordered the one from Walmart that you linked! Slow shipping, but will be great to have!

Well folks, after 17 months of waiting, today was delivery day and I have officially moved my tassel to the other side of my graduation cap.
Delivery went great! Thankfully my trade in car had enough juice left in battery and just enough gas to get me there, lol.
X looks prefect. Level handles on doors, no panel gaps, no paint issues, no interior issues, wheels and tires pristine. Couldn’t find a flaw on inspection, so I sent over the funds from Tesla app and accepted delivery
We are pleasantly surprised with the blue hues in the MSM paint! And the cream interior is a winner!
My wife did well driving it and seems to have adjusted well to yoke and stalkless driving.
I was confused on activating autopilot during first drive. The right scroll wheel activates it, not the small haptic button above it (between horn and wiper).
Very pleased overall.
View attachment 871469
View attachment 871470View attachment 871471View attachment 871472View attachment 871473View attachment 871485View attachment 871486
The color looks awesome, congrats. My delivery is in next 2 weeks but SA is keep telling me that I've to make the remaining payment (Tesla finance 85% remaining 15% cash) 24 hours before the schedule. I live in VA but not sure while I'm at the delivery location, I send over the funds from Tesla app and accepted delivery

The color looks awesome, congrats. My delivery is in next 2 weeks but SA is keep telling me that I've to make the remaining payment (Tesla finance 85% remaining 15% cash) 24 hours before the schedule. I live in VA but not sure while I'm at the delivery location, I send over the funds from Tesla app and accepted delivery
They tried telling me the same thing, that payment had to be made 1-2 days before delivery. I told them they lost their mind if they thought I was going to give them $130,000 before even seeing the car. Where are you picking up?

Very pleased overall.
View attachment 871469
View attachment 871470View attachment 871471View attachment 871472View attachment 871473View attachment 871485View attachment 871486
Congrats on the new ride! She looks gorgeous!
What brand is the child seat?

Just checking in here to let everyone know my delivery went great. I picked her up on Friday afternoon in KC. Unfortunately, it was pouring down rain all day Friday so was difficult to inspect her. I gave her a decent inspection yesterday and everything looks great. Haven't had a single issue, paint looks good, panel gaps look good, wheels in great shape. It is amazing how sturdy this car feels and how comfortable she is compared to my 3 (Which is 4 years old now). It was a long wait (550 days) but I would say it was worth it. Thats saying a lot, we are a family of 5 and sold our other vehicles earlier in the year when my EDD was April (LOL) so, we were down to just the 3 for most of this year. Overall, very happy. The kids might be more excited than my wife and I... haha. So far we've already put 115 miles on her this weekend with more soccer games today.

IMG_6613.jpeg

I'm picking up there in a couple hours and I certainly haven't transferred the money yet, I'll let you know how it goes.

In general my hopes aren't high, that place is usually a cluster.
Apparently I'm not picking it up today.... They just called and said they found a "small dent" in one of the doors and those guys don't work today so I'm getting it tomorrow. They make you pick a day (one of three) with less than a weeks notice then don't even look at it till a couple hours before delivery? I'm sure they would be just as understanding if I called 1.5 hours before delivery and wanted to change it right? Sure am glad I pulled the car seats out of mine 10 minutes ago.... Now I get to go put them back in and that's always fun.

And this is why you don't give them money before you are taking delivery.....

Apparently I'm not picking it up today.... They just called and said they found a "small dent" in one of the doors and those guys don't work today so I'm getting it tomorrow. They make you pick a day (one of three) with less than a weeks notice then don't even look at it till a couple hours before delivery? I'm sure they would be just as understanding if I called 1.5 hours before delivery and wanted to change it right? Sure am glad I pulled the car seats out of mine 10 minutes ago.... Now I get to go put them back in and that's always fun.

That is so weird at the last minute, hope its a "small dent". For me, they gave 2 weeks notice with 3 dates to choose from. Keep us posted about your experience and the payment process.

So lame. Sorry they are doing that. hopefully gets sorted quickly.

For others holding off on payment, i agree, i told them i would not be paying until i inspected the car and they said no issues and to ignore the automated messages that come through about hurrying up and paying to ensure delivery on time. I chose to pay deposit through the Tesla “Plaid” payment option that links to your account and withdraws the funds instantly. The amount left that i financed i had a check from my lender that i handed over during paperwork signing.

Maybe the small dent just happened and they didn’t want to tell you they dented it.

We've done a couple corporate leases with Tesla and it was no different than personal except for the name they put on the registration and title. Never provided any resolutions/articles (though we have with other manufacturers, just not Tesla) Sunday will be our first corporate purchase so I'll let you know if that's different.
Apparently I was wrong, we did have to provide a certificate of incorporation for the last lease.