Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anyone confirm if this gap along the rear lower door frame is normal? I feel like itā€™s missing some caulking. Passenger side is the same.

WDuhEp4.jpg

Waiting for a X Plaid with 20s. Does anyone know the max occupancy load for that configuration? Quick google makes it sound extremely low for a vehicle of this size, hoping that itā€™s at least 1100 poundsā€¦.

I tried asking the SA but they are clearly confused, and not looking at the Tire and Loading information sticker haha.

Also VIN this morning PF377xxx, Placed order on Oct/2021, Looks like there is delivery wave in Bay Area...
Picked up at the same day since I asked them if i can pick up the car and they said yes. (To avoid the transport issues since they don't cover the car when they ship it. I rather chip my car myself other than someone else.)

Waited for one hour at Tesla Fremont finally i saw my car.
Not perfect (I think i am not lucky one) and i scheduled service right away and they fixed 90%.
Here are the defects:

(1) Rear seat defect scratch and damaged (They replaced new two (all rear seats, my is 5 seats) for me)
(2) Driver side door large gap (They adjust 0.4mm so looks better)
(3) Center dash camera coverage not tie and made noise (They fixed it)
(4) Rear Trunk gap (They didn't fix since they said it's still under the spec) :(
(5) Software abnormal: Safety restraint system error (They found locking tab was not secured. They fixed)

So far the assembly quality is still NOT good. After you accept the car you better check it over and over again. Also drive in high speed to see any parts loosing or making noise. Also they didn't handle well when they put the seat on. Please check your seat very very very carefully, Find them and take pics, loading through the chat in service of your app. They will try to prepare the material for you in ahead of time.

Plus only good thing is for MX LR i got updated to new large rear screen.

Good luck to everyone!!

Picked up at the same day since I asked them if i can pick up the car and they said yes. (To avoid the transport issues since they don't cover the car when they ship it. I rather chip my car myself other than someone else.)

Waited for one hour at Tesla Fremont finally i saw my car.
Not perfect (I think i am not lucky one) and i scheduled service right away and they fixed 90%.
Here are the defects:

(1) Rear seat defect scratch and damaged (They replaced new two (all rear seats, my is 5 seats) for me)
(2) Driver side door large gap (They adjust 0.4mm so looks better)
(3) Center dash camera coverage not tie and made noise (They fixed it)
(4) Rear Trunk gap (They didn't fix since they said it's still under the spec) :(
(5) Software abnormal: Safety restraint system error (They found locking tab was not secured. They fixed)

So far the assembly quality is still NOT good. After you accept the car you better check it over and over again. Also drive in high speed to see any parts loosing or making noise. Also they didn't handle well when they put the seat on. Please check your seat very very very carefully, Find them and take pics, loading through the chat in service of your app. They will try to prepare the material for you in ahead of time.

Plus only good thing is for MX LR i got updated to new large rear screen.

Good luck to everyone!!
Oof I'm expecting a 377xxx on the east coast after 2023, this feels like the batch of EOY push :( Does your car have the thinner bezel rear screen?

Picked up mine MXP yesterday and only flaw i found up to date was too little air pressure in 2 winter tyres..
It was dark when i picked it so it can be that i found something today from it.

It's first ever even touch a Tesla or any ev so everything is new to me, steering wheel feels little odd, 1 pedal driving is feeling stupidly good...

Reactions: MikeKFE
Hello, currently my EDD is Jan 3 - Feb 7, a 5 week window. Its almost 4 days to the beginning of this EDD. When do folks usually get their VIN?
Mine is Jan 8 - Feb 12
Got a call to consider an option available at the SC not in my color, with waved upcharge for 22 inch wheels. This is not an option for me as I am unable to get out of work tomorrow, deadline to pick up.

VIN assigned today, MXLR white on white, 20" 3787XX.

EDD was Feb to May 2023 for many months.

North Los Angeles delivery, to Camarillo Store. Details in sig.

I have no interest in taking this car after my ongoing struggles with Service on my 7 month old MS LR.

There is no way to transfer this reservation, and no shortage of cars probably, but if someone local gets stuck with a reject maybe this info will be useful. PM me if interested.