Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Found a MXP in Illinois that is the exact config we were looking for, but it says it can only be registered in a handful of states. Any idea why?
Yeah. They’re only offering deliveries to locations they feel can process the delivery by Dec 31.

At least that’s what the Tesla manager in my area told me this week. I found a 23 MXLR with the same restrictions - but those restrictions hasn’t been listed a few hours prior. She said they’ll only transport as far as they believe is achievable an EOY delivery and they know if they leave it local someone will likely buy it anyway.

The restrictions will be lifted on Jan 1.

That’s according to the sales manager in my area anyway.

All, I just took my Model XLR yesterday. Original order date was March'2022. It was a full day event. The VIN number which I got matched with had some issue on the final inspection (paint chip in the rear trunk) and they were trying to fix the whole day at the FRemont factory. Later I asked for a different VIN with matching configuration. Luckily was able to find a good one at the same location and picked up the vehicle in the evening (original appt was at 11AM yday). The car is really good. Worth the wait. Still getting used to yoke steering. I always used to disable the regenerative breaking (creep mode) on my other Tesla. But in this one, there is no option to disable it. Feeling really weird when it tries to deaccelerate when I remove my food from acceleration. Any suggestion to keep the regenerative very low in MXLR?
All the best guys. Hope you all get their best ModelX soon!! MErry Christmas. !

All, I just took my Model XLR yesterday. Original order date was March'2022. It was a full day event. The VIN number which I got matched with had some issue on the final inspection (paint chip in the rear trunk) and they were trying to fix the whole day at the FRemont factory. Later I asked for a different VIN with matching configuration. Luckily was able to find a good one at the same location and picked up the vehicle in the evening (original appt was at 11AM yday). The car is really good. Worth the wait. Still getting used to yoke steering. I always used to disable the regenerative breaking (creep mode) on my other Tesla. But in this one, there is no option to disable it. Feeling really weird when it tries to deaccelerate when I remove my food from acceleration. Any suggestion to keep the regenerative very low in MXLR?
Welcome to TMC and congrats on your new MX!
You will certainly hear different opinions and all are valid. Mine is that it would be good to embrace one pedal driving. Yes, it will be a change, but if you get used to it you might find it makes for an excellent driving experience.

Congrats on the new car.

I think it is best to just embrace regenerative braking. After a few days you probably will never want to go back to car without stronger regenerative braking. Also, your range will increase (and charging costs go down) since you will be putting a lot of the wasted energy back into the battery.

Congrats on the new car.

I think it is best to just embrace regenerative braking. After a few days you probably will never want to go back to car without stronger regenerative braking. Also, your range will increase (and charging costs go down) since you will be putting a lot of the wasted energy back into the battery.
Thank you for the suggestion. That's true and plus with having regenerative braking always. !

Congrats on getting the car, but UGH man this would piss me off. The end of quarter/year rush worries me. I still don't understand how a $120k+ car can have such defects upon delivery. Is it just me?
Agree..am not happy with my delivery issues - FWD and hood not aligned and paint scratches. Haven't been able to drive the car much since delivery since I always PPF my cars once I get them. But they have to fix the hood first before I PPF it. I'm on vacation right now and Tesla has my car so they can "rectify" all the issues before I get back.

Spotted first MXP in finland on a parking lot, black one, and i did walk around it, gaps was decent, acceptable but not mercedes like, didn't find any real flaws on whole car.
No matrix on these European ones either, that was dissapointment..
2 days to delivery and counting....

Tesla called this afternoon to let me know that the inventory MXLR I ordered won’t be here by Dec 31.

Upgraded to Plaid so we could take delivery before the 31st.

Trade in, financing, etc all have to be re done.

Worried they’ll reduce the trade in amount now which will be a deal breaker for us after all this.