Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like Tesla has replaced the multi coat red with Ultra red on the model X and S
I have a red Plaid X on order from early last month and my design config now shows this new red and it’s also changed to this color when viewing the car in the app. Sales order still shows multicoat red and old price. My delivery date was also pushed out to late March-May this week so I guess I am getting this new red.

I just placed an order for a MXP couple days ago and it shows the new color in the app but didn't change the price.. I'm not sure if I like the new color though.

1678374414697.png

I just placed an order for a MXP couple days ago and it shows the new color in the app but didn't change the price.. I'm not sure if I like the new color, though.

I hope I like the new color when I see it...I think I am going to prefer it since it's a little darker. I guess if you don't like it, you can refuse it. The other option is to have them change your order now to another color before you get a VIN assigned.

I got an updated sales order via email an hour ago, and it shows "Ultra Red" on it and at the old $2500 price. So it looks like they are switching the open S/X orders to the new red and honoring the old price.
I spoke too soon...just got another updated order, and it now shows $3000 for Ultra Red, so they are not honoring the original red upgrade price. I will check with my SA to see what they have to say...

1678387431855.png

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne