Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another thing I noticed is that the drivers side self presenting doors don't open as wide anymore....when you approach the car they just 'open' and you have to pull them further open to get into the car. My old Raven would open slightly and then fully after you walked past the door....is this a new thing? @jasondclinton do you have the same situation?
Mine does it sometimes. I think when its sleeping and it opens it doesn't open all the way. Also, if it detects anything close nearby it won't open all the way.

That last part was actually my question. So after you take the depreciation that year, do you have to continue to log miles in future years? Or is it just the first year.
Oh. So we deduct for the first year but I think it's 5 years they can still technically look back to make sure you're actually using it for business at least 50%. That also means you can't sell the car within that time otherwise you have to give it all back. Overall just talk to your accountant because I’m probably wrong haha. I do tesla stuff not accounting

Last edited:
Reactions: Litigate28
Another thing I noticed is that the drivers side self presenting doors don't open as wide anymore....when you approach the car they just 'open' and you have to pull them further open to get into the car. My old Raven would open slightly and then fully after you walked past the door....is this a new thing? @jasondclinton do you have the same situation?
I am not an MX owner, but also noted the doors open less than I have seen before.

2023 MXP HW4 Update: No update from the service center, they have been doing repeated “Health Tests” from the service menu. Draining the battery down to 1% and then back up to 100%. I can see the battery life from a third party API and the NEW battery is only able to charge to 86% with 13% degradation.

I’ve asked for our old car back which we traded in (MX Raven). Anyone had success returning the car immediately after delivery?

Pics: 100% charge, 151 miles and degradation. This is absolutely unacceptable.

Attachments

• 4FFB6ADC-764B-4259-94EB-C6351EEE671F.png
    4FFB6ADC-764B-4259-94EB-C6351EEE671F.png
    374.2 KB · Views: 566
  • DB262A1B-5D88-4854-B3A6-6A497D6F8690.png
    DB262A1B-5D88-4854-B3A6-6A497D6F8690.png
    320.2 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: croman
2023 MXP HW4 Update: No update from the service center, they have been doing repeated “Health Tests” from the service menu. Draining the battery down to 1% and then back up to 100%. I can see the battery life from a third party API and the NEW battery is only able to charge to 86% with 13% degradation.

I’ve asked for our old car back which we traded in (MX Raven). Anyone had success returning the car immediately after delivery?

I’d return this car. You should have 7 days. After that you can still reference lemon law for a buyback.

You can buy additional headlights on the cheap if you really need them
Thanks, but this is sick. I do want MXP without all those fancy-shmancy interior lights of BMW or those HUDs. But i’ll wait for those official “matrix lights”. The new only thing that i’m willing to do is to hire someone who would put me out of misery by installing the auto frunk closure. That’s it.

And yes, MXP is a damn fast car that i would keep for a while. Just don’t be that cheap!

So this is my list…to edit the post:

HW4
Decent headlights

Is this too much to ask? I think not.

Reactions: cusetownusa

Yea, they are defaulting the auto presenting doors to just cracked open until the occupancy network launches, because they cannot currently detect an obstacle.

Last edited:

How do they drain battery? That’s nuts … you thinking bms issue?

Surely fobs come with model x?