Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed Console - USB and 12 V Connectors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On some older threads about the console that could be purchased from Tesla and installed after delivery, there was considerable discussion about the USB receptacles and the 12v socket not properly accommodating their respective male plugs, requiring the use of special adaptors. There was also problems with the phone jack station not accomodation certain phones properly. For those of you who have received your refreshed MS with the new front console installed, have you had any difficulty in inserting memory drives in the USB receptacles or a regular 12v plug in cable in the 12v socket? Have you had any difficulty with mounting an iPhone on the phone jack? For that matter, is there a built in iPhone jack that will accommodate the 6s/6s+ phone?

I don't have a refreshed MS, but I did get the new console. The phone holder takes some DIY installation, Tesla just provides the parts, but it comes with a couple of different vertical pieces to hold different phones and different USB cables for iPhone and Android. The connector for the iPhone (6s in my case) does not sit properly so it takes two hands to slide it onto the cable; one to push the connector forward, and the second to slide the phone onto it, which is quite annoying. The cable snakes under the bottom and pops out to the left side USB port.

I have a standard USB lighting cable in the other USB port for a second phone or pad, no problems with that port or a standard cable.

IMG_1011.JPG IMG_1012.JPG