Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed Door Panels/Dash - MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if the refreshed doors will be interchangeable (able to swap) - similar to the dash?

I’m not a huge fan of the white dash - way too bright. Was hoping to swap for the faux wood, but now with the updated doors - can I also swap those pieces to match the wood swap?

Won’t matter for a while (December EDD). Curiosity more than anything.

Does anyone know if the refreshed doors will be interchangeable (able to swap) - similar to the dash?

I’m not a huge fan of the white dash - way too bright. Was hoping to swap for the faux wood, but now with the updated doors - can I also swap those pieces to match the wood swap?

Won’t matter for a while (December EDD). Curiosity more than anything.
Congrats on your new MY. I just posted about wanting a dash swap. If you’re still interested, we may be able to set something up. The question is whether or not your Austin built MY has the same generation of dash as my Fremont built MY.

Yes! I’d love to see if this would work. It seems it’s fairly easy.

Are you in Indiana?
Yep. I live on the SE side of Indy in New Palestine. You?

We should dig into this a little bit further. If you look at RPM Tesla’s dash swap, they have a couple of categories indicating 2021 and beyond Fremont built cars have a certain dash then a separate offering for 2023 Austin built. I was going to call them tomorrow to get the scoop. Count me in if it ends up working out. I take delivery in the next 1-1.5 weeks.

Oh snap! I’m like 20mins away from you. LoL

Yes let’s make this happen if it’s compatible.
According to RPMTesla, they should in theory be the same now but they have seen sometimes a variation between Austin and Fremont. Still waiting on delivery so we’ll know soon enough. We may just need to setup a time in the next 2 weeks to meet up and look. It appears to be a tool-less swap and should only take 10 minutes.