Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed MS LR/Plaid Firmware status

What version are you currently running?

Votes: 15 19.2%
  • 2021.12.25.x (Please specify "x" below)

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • 2021.24.x (Please specify "x" below)

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • Other; please specify below

Votes: 39 50.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How about bug fixes? How can you tell if the S has cellular connection. I see the WiFi icon but nothing for cellular like my 3 had?
Primary bug fix is actually squashing the theater issue introduced in 25.7. Other bug fixes that I've noticed, are better location sensing ((1) Homelink works automatically when I come home now, (2) mirrors autofold when I arrive home, etc. (was hit or miss prior). The buttons for turn signals seem more responsive and feedback provided, though I am not sure if it's in my head cause I didn't think about what it was like pre-update, other than it was weak.

Outside of that, the menus seem to flow slightly more fluidly, menus are snappier (though, the new chip makes/made them pretty snappy to begin with).

Edit: saw Hayseed responded re: cell connection q.

Primary bug fix is actually squashing the theater issue introduced in 25.7. Other bug fixes that I've noticed, are better location sensing ((1) Homelink works automatically when I come home now, (2) mirrors autofold when I arrive home, etc. (was hit or miss prior). The buttons for turn signals seem more responsive and feedback provided, though I am not sure if it's in my head cause I didn't think about what it was like pre-update, other than it was weak.

Outside of that, the menus seem to flow slightly more fluidly, menus are snappier (though, the new chip makes/made them pretty snappy to begin with).

Many thanks for the detailed replies! All will benefit from the sharing here!

Last edited:
2 weeks Christmas came early!

EBB0BB3B-489C-4ADD-AAF3-3D0D7D0AB2F7.jpeg

Adding to the list, Theater section goes blank occasionally
This has a few solutions though I agree that it's pretty ridiculous it occurred in the first place.

Full disclosure: none of these are my solutions, I just happened to aggregate in this thread when I saw people saying they had the problem:
Tesla Theater blank screen

Last edited:
I don’t know if it’s pure luck, bitching, restarting the system multiple times to fix above mentioned issues, or the complaint with the service center. Something added me to the list of people to be updated today though.

Do you have standard or advanced toggled?
Advanced. And I did all of those other things as well!

Advanced. And I did all of those other things as well!
Here's the description of "Advanced" from the manual:
Advanced: Receive the latest software updates for your region and vehicle configuration as soon as they are available. Tesla determines how, when, and where to send updates to vehicles based on various factors unique to each release. Keep in mind that although you receive updates as soon as they are available for your specific vehicle, you may not be in the first Tesla group of Tesla owners to receive the update. Choosing Advanced does not enroll your vehicle in Tesla's early access program.
"Vehicle configuration" could include something like "does VIN end with a 0" to approximate a 10% rollout. So even if your vehicle matches others', Tesla could be "holding back" the update to get more validation first. Better to have a known buggy version of software deployed than potentially bricking a large number of vehicles (especially brand new vehicles that people paid lots of money for).

Ok, I installed the update. Left my office and sat in the car to play. Was not having teh issues above with the theater or mirrors so cannot comment.

The dashcam/sentry view screen is smaller and seems higher resolution. It is more fluid. Also has the button to vies (as stated).

Turns signal does seem to have a different feel - but that could also be in my head.

The menus seem more fluid as well. One issue I have is the tool bar at the bottom of the main screen covers apps on the screen (browser, phone, etc). Some apps cannot be moved up so basically I cannot see the bottom half inch of the browser where the teslawaze puts controls. Any fixes that I am missing?

The tri-zone temp is fixed and working.

Biggest hope is that it fixes my park assist. Will not know until I drive for a while - the issue was random (and not hardware).

Ok, I installed the update. Left my office and sat in the car to play. Was not having teh issues above with the theater or mirrors so cannot comment.

The dashcam/sentry view screen is smaller and seems higher resolution. It is more fluid. Also has the button to vies (as stated).

Turns signal does seem to have a different feel - but that could also be in my head.

The menus seem more fluid as well. One issue I have is the tool bar at the bottom of the main screen covers apps on the screen (browser, phone, etc). Some apps cannot be moved up so basically I cannot see the bottom half inch of the browser where the teslawaze puts controls. Any fixes that I am missing?

The tri-zone temp is fixed and working.

Biggest hope is that it fixes my park assist. Will not know until I drive for a while - the issue was random (and not hardware).

Unfortunately, I have no answer for the bottom browser issue - it's made teslawaze basically unusable for me. I think it's that TeslaWaze dimensions are off (it assumes the old vertical S or X screen) or something. I sent a note (probably into the ether) re: TeslaWaze but

Turn signals is hard. If you're thinking there's something there, maybe it's not just in my head (or we're both just hoping for something).

Tri-zone! That's another part that I'm happy works.

For park assist - what was happening? I haven't had any issues, but curious.

Unfortunately, I have no answer for the bottom browser issue - it's made teslawaze basically unusable for me. I think it's that TeslaWaze dimensions are off (it assumes the old vertical S or X screen) or something. I sent a note (probably into the ether) re: TeslaWaze but

Turn signals is hard. If you're thinking there's something there, maybe it's not just in my head (or we're both just hoping for something).

Tri-zone! That's another part that I'm happy works.

For park assist - what was happening? I haven't had any issues, but curious.

Park assist randomly makes itself "unavailable" and then available again. No rhyme or reason. At least it does give me the warning light. Service stated it is not hardware related but is a firmware issue to be fixed "soon". Hopefully this will fix that but I cannot tell until driving for a few days (it can go at least 2 days working 100% before failing).

With the toolbar at the bottom - it also cuts off phone number lists when using voice command and it asks to confirm which number. The last one or two cannot be seen. It is effecting more than the Teslawaze.

you're reading the numbers differently.

The number after the 2021 is the week of the release, so 2021.12.X.Y is older than 2021.24.A.B, regardless of what the X or A is. So, 2021.12.25.7 is older than 2021.24.4 because the week of release (12 vs. 24) is what matters first. The 25 is an increment number.
So, since @Hayseed_MS is downloading 2021.24.3, the service center is wrong when they say that the newest software for the Refreshed LR is 2021.12.4.9. Am I following the correctly?

Park assist randomly makes itself "unavailable" and then available again. No rhyme or reason. At least it does give me the warning light. Service stated it is not hardware related but is a firmware issue to be fixed "soon". Hopefully this will fix that but I cannot tell until driving for a few days (it can go at least 2 days working 100% before failing).

With the toolbar at the bottom - it also cuts off phone number lists when using voice command and it asks to confirm which number. The last one or two cannot be seen. It is effecting more than the Teslawaze.
I haven't had the issue with phone number lists, but I don't doubt it exists (to be fair, 95% of my calls while in the car are to my wife (using favorites on the screen) so I probably have just not experienced this yet).

That's rough re: park assist. I got a random message one time that rear motor lost power, but when I pulled over and restarted, it went away and haven't had the issue since. Always worrisome to hear them say it'll be fixed soon - hopefully this is it!