Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refused Delivery MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FYI, you probably have a stealth P. I'm pretty sure all the early deliveries or either P's or Stealth P's.

VIN Decoder
;
@S3XY so... i saw a post relating to MY VIN’s before... the 8th digit of my VIN is “F” which according to the VIN decoder is:
F = Dual Motor – Performance (Designated for Model Y)

Anyone who ordered a Performance MY, is your 8th digit of your VIN “F” too? Anyone who ordered a LR AWD MY, what’s your VIN 8th digit?

Ultimately, I don’t care I love my car but I am just curious at this point

And this is why my comment that you must be a short seller is further validated.

If you are so negative, why are you here? Chevy, Porsche and Jaguar all have EVs that may meet your requirements in areas that you think Tesla fails in.

Same reason as many others. Wanted to drive a clean EV and the idea of a Tesla buried itself deep in my mind. So much so that I bought a Model S and fooled myself into thinking that I would be able to overlook all the questionable and down right bad design choices they made. Not to mention the current state of their customer support.

I bet it's nice to live blinded in the cult of elon. Good for you!

Same reason as many others. Wanted to drive a clean EV and the idea of a Tesla buried itself deep in my mind. So much so that I bought a Model S and fooled myself into thinking that I would be able to overlook all the questionable and down right bad design choices they made. Not to mention the current state of their customer support.

I feel your pain, I am on my third Tesla and the nonsense is numbing. I had an issue that I have in writing as promised to resolve and then they decided to just refuse with a pathetic excuse, I literally am looking forward to my day in court with them. I will be sending Elon an email first as one last effort however.

If I felt so strongly about a car and a manufacturer, I'd get rid of it, walk away and don't look back. There are other choices out there today. Before I bought the Model 3, I did the research and knew what to expect. Life would be miserable having to go out and drive a car that made me upset. Especially one that I paid a lot for.

If I felt so strongly about a car and a manufacturer, I'd get rid of it, walk away and don't look back. There are other choices out there today. Before I bought the Model 3, I did the research and knew what to expect. Life would be miserable having to go out and drive a car that made me upset. Especially one that I paid a lot for.

Agreed. I also spent way more time than needed doing research before buying it but just by doing that, it's hard to know in advance if indeed one would be able to compromise and enjoy the car. Before buying it, I would drive around in my wife's VW dreaming about the day I would be in a Tesla. Now, to be completely honest I enjoy driving her Beetle more and more. In the Model S I find myself fiddling with the seat position all the time, just can't find a comfortable setup. Also visibility is way worse. It's like I've gone completely mad. It shouldn't make sense.

Most likely that is what I will do, but right now is probably not the best time to work on selling a car. I'm probably also upset because of all this lockdown situation. I bought it about a month before all the craziness so now I'm paying for a loan and for insurance for the car to sit in my garage.

• Disagree
Reactions: PhilDavid
Good news - wife got a call this morning asking if we’d like to pick one up today. Went and inspected it, FLAWLESS! Drove it home and now enjoying it. Charging it up to full to check the range. It’s a great looking car.

Attachments

• B98FEEA6-85A9-4BFF-AD10-1B5873DEE792.jpeg
    B98FEEA6-85A9-4BFF-AD10-1B5873DEE792.jpeg
    335.7 KB · Views: 82
And I got a stealth P! Forgive me but ten minutes of googling does not reveal what the difference is. Obviously I don’t have the upgraded brakes or pedals, what is the difference in powertrain?
It means you got everything a LR AWD would have except you have the performance motors. I'm pretty sure the powertrains are exactly the same. Tesla did this for ease of manufacturing during the initial ramp up. If it hasn't already, this will likely go away soon.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: empiredown
Good news - wife got a call this morning asking if we’d like to pick one up today. Went and inspected it, FLAWLESS! Drove it home and now enjoying it. Charging it up to full to check the range. It’s a great looking car.

Awesome! My wife and I received the same call! We picked it up at 12:30 and it was perfect inside and out.

See you out there.

Reactions: Electric Steve
It means you got everything a LR AWD would have except you have the performance motors. I'm pretty sure the powertrains are exactly the same. Tesla did this for ease of manufacturing during the initial ramp up. If it hasn't already, this will likely go away soon.
You might be right about the Stealth P... when I was waiting for my MY delivery at the SC, I took a photo of a performance MY & it’s VIN. Back “Dual Motor” logo had the red stripe under it and the 8th digit was “F” in the VIN. Unless Tesla installs the same motors and just changes the software so the LR AWD models don’t perform as fast as the Performance ones... again this is just a total guess

Reactions: Electric Steve
And I got a stealth P! Forgive me but ten minutes of googling does not reveal what the difference is. Obviously I don’t have the upgraded brakes or pedals, what is the difference in powertrain?
How can tell it’s really a stealth performance? Is it noticeably faster ? Another poster on a separate thread mentioned a similar discovery when going to get insurance and the VIN called it out as a performance. Is there any other way to distinguish that it’s really a performance?

same here ours was flawless! And we got white as well. There was a grey one there that had a note undeliverable it had issues with panels and the hatch. But when we were there all of them look for the most part 98% built well.

Attachments

• 2D275C32-C8D5-48E9-9C2B-18D86DDB1895.jpeg
    2D275C32-C8D5-48E9-9C2B-18D86DDB1895.jpeg
    397.6 KB · Views: 67
Reactions: RoBoRaT
You might be right about the Stealth P... when I was waiting for my MY delivery at the SC, I took a photo of a performance MY & it’s VIN. Back “Dual Motor” logo had the red stripe under it and the 8th digit was “F” in the VIN. Unless Tesla installs the same motors and just changes the software so the LR AWD models don’t perform as fast as the Performance ones... again this is just a total guess
Yes, it is possible that they limit us via software. If so I would expect an offer down the road to upgrade to a P for around $2K.

• Informative
Reactions: empiredown