Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refused Delivery MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
the Pics you posted of your Honda are inside/backside panel folds, welds and sealant smear. They are NOT examples of anything relevant. Exterior panels and trim and paint quality are. I’m certain your Honda had no exterior issues from the factory.

This is unacceptable ..

I was specifically referring to the issues people had with the paint and defects around the hatch portion of the Model Y. I realize their are reported defects in many places. I think panel gaps and some miss alignment issues while not good can be fixed. Just saying, every car has defects.

So bad news...Just got a call from Josh at the Rockville SC.... my Y has an issue... it’s missing the manual seat release lever latch .....

how do you miss a piece that big?!?

luckily the part was already ordered and josh wanted to let me know ahead of time...

Good news.... MY will be delivered a day early tomorrow midday!
Well that’s such bad news then. You’re still getting it. Just glad it’s not huge panel issues.

the Pics you posted of your Honda are inside/backside panel folds, welds and sealant smear. They are NOT examples of anything relevant. Exterior panels and trim and paint quality are. I’m certain your Honda had no exterior issues from the factory.

This is unacceptable ..

Regarding the exterior finish, Honda has to compete in a fierce market w with other ICE manufacturers. Tesla has a quasi-monopoly for this segment, and so does not need to cross their Ts and dot their Is and will still sell every car they can make for quite a while. I get all this and it doesn’t ruin my day to wait for a bit for an exciting new car. I’m long TSLA and fine with using the internet to pressure them to step up their game in this respect. If my next delivery has significant defects, I’ll be taking pics.

Reactions: Electric Steve
Tesla has a quasi-monopoly for this segment, and so does not need to cross their Ts and dot their Is and will still sell every car they can make for quite a while.
Considering Tesla's volume ambitions, they are going to get more steady push back from customers. Costs start adding up when you have enough people refusing delivery for cosmetic issues.

They're creating a lot of friction between customers and employees. No way that ends well no matter how in-demand a car is. More and more customers will defer and delay just for those reasons. Then you add in all the current economic uncertainty.

They need to step up their game before it bites them pretty hard.

Considering Tesla's volume ambitions, they are going to get more steady push back from customers. Costs start adding up when you have enough people refusing delivery for cosmetic issues.

They're creating a lot of friction between customers and employees. No way that ends well no matter how in-demand a car is. More and more customers will defer and delay just for those reasons. Then you add in all the current economic uncertainty.

They need to step up their game before it bites them pretty hard.

I agree sparcs. They are really dropping the ball, I just don't have faith they will solve their problems before it's too late.

So bad news...Just got a call from Josh at the Rockville SC.... my Y has an issue... it’s missing the manual seat release lever latch .....

luckily the part was already ordered and josh wanted to let me know ahead of time...

that's awesome! yeah mine will be early afternoon there tomorrow. they just called me to confirm appointment and told me it did pass inspection. I will be sure to check myself tomorrow also.

I agree sparcs. They are really dropping the ball, I just don't have faith they will solve their problems before it's too late.
They have a new paint shop coming on line at Fremont so that makes me a little more optimistic that some of these things will get sorted over time. I hope they use the current down time to fix a lot of these problem areas.

Luckily I'm not in any hurry to convert my Y reservation.

Last edited:

Rockville Tesla called me this morning saying my car passed inspection but it's missing the plastic piece on the rear seat. He asked if I still wanted to pickup the car (which I said yes) and they have ordered the part and will let me know when to come back to get it installed. I sure hope that is the only issue with the car. Scheduled originally for Sunday but asked them to move it to Saturday.

Rockville Tesla called me this morning saying my car passed inspection but it's missing the plastic piece on the rear seat. He asked if I still wanted to pickup the car (which I said yes) and they have ordered the part and will let me know when to come back to get it installed. I sure hope that is the only issue with the car. Scheduled originally for Sunday but asked them to move it to Saturday.
Fingers crossed that’s the only major issue

You're paying $60k for a brand new vehicle, and you're ok having a local body shop repaint some sort of panel before you take ownership? If you say so.... IMO, step away and don't accept that car. Should've never left the factory. Its amazing to me that tesla is still running into this paint issues. Why they build these cars in california is beyond me.

All dealers repair damage and can have panels repainted. Depends on state law, but up to a certain % is fine in most states without any disclosure.

my BMW, Acura, Tesla, and dodge all have those rough adhesive places in various hidden spots.

I would not tolerate clear coat runs.

• Helpful
Reactions: Electric Steve
that's awesome! yeah mine will be early afternoon there tomorrow. they just called me to confirm appointment and told me it did pass inspection. I will be sure to check myself tomorrow also.

Fingers crossed that’s the only major issue

If any of you, have time tomorrow or during delivery take look and see if you see ours there. Please and thank you. Model Y white/black PUP18xx vin

If any of you, have time tomorrow or during delivery take look and see if you see ours there. Please and thank you. Model Y white/black PUP18xx vin
@Tholland long story short, got a call to come pick up today, walked around found a MY PUP Vin 18XX... maybe urs?

Attachments

• F765A084-AFEB-4963-9EBC-92D1627B1AD4.jpeg
    F765A084-AFEB-4963-9EBC-92D1627B1AD4.jpeg
    325.5 KB · Views: 91
  • 522896BD-3A1D-4670-B515-F26B73816E17.jpeg
    522896BD-3A1D-4670-B515-F26B73816E17.jpeg
    699.1 KB · Views: 68
  • 070C3E1D-1073-4230-882A-20EC59B4DA0E.jpeg
    070C3E1D-1073-4230-882A-20EC59B4DA0E.jpeg
    481.9 KB · Views: 77