Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refused Delivery Today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good to hear! Did they make a big deal of you not accepting? Did you also give your full payment already? Keep us updated on the status !
No they were good about not wanting to take it. The person helping me wasn't very knowledgeable about the model Y, she just returned from being furloughed and has only seen one Y, she was texting the manager about the issues and the manager agreed and told her "no don't let them take that car."
I have paid in full. Technically, I had accepted delivery to get into the car, but with the big issues inside they said they could "undeliver" it. I am still waiting to hear. Unfortunately, the manager's days off are Sunday and Monday. I may not hear from her until tomorrow. I will post an update.

Reactions: everydaychris
We have a similar issue, service appointment (through the app) only able to be scheduled for when our 7 day window to return is ending. What should we do? I sent an email but haven’t had a response yet.
I was concerned about that as well. The lady helping me wasn't very knowledgeable about the Y and it was the manager's day off. She recommended if I was worried about an issue, I could bring it back in before the 7 days and have the manager look at it and see if it was fixable or not, and then decide if I should return it. That was before we found other issues and they agreed we shouldn't take the car. Not sure if that helps or not.

I also had a white/black/LRAWD/19”/non-performance vin#94xx that was rejected on Saturday in San Diego. I posted the experience under Delivery and Rejection. Car had multiple fitment issues, same seat problems as yours. Tesla is aware of the-seat issue.
Wonder if others with the Vin# series 9xxx are experiencing the same problems?
I will try to find your post. That is interesting. I'd love to hear how it turns out and when you receive another car.

UPDATE: I rejected my first white/black LR Gemini VIN 09xxx last Sunday (6/14) Today I picked up and accepted the second, VIN:15xxx
My service center was very helpful. They were in contact with me and worked to get it to me as quickly as possible. The delivery manager looked through the car with me and took pictures herself of all the little things I found. After talking about it, and being assured they could all be fixed I accepted the car. I feel confident all the issues I found will be addressed. So here the issues I found:
- back seats not aligned
- Buttons to fold back seats not working.
- back seat cover loose
- 1 tiny paint chip on fender
- 1 paint bubble on hatch
- adhesive left on both back seat doors (I can probably clean myself)
- driver side taillight not flush
- loose door seal

I’m going to keep looking, but the drive home was great and I can’t wait to get out in it tomorrow.

Reactions: everydaychris