Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Registering in the ACT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I Called AccessCBR and was told they are working on a click and collect system for the plates. Figured if we hear more from them we could post updates here since the information on the AccessCBR webpage is very hard to find.

I also have a question how much out of pocket (excluding MAI) registration for an M3?

Reactions: cafz
I Called AccessCBR and was told they are working on a click and collect system for the plates. Figured if we hear more from them we could post updates here since the information on the AccessCBR webpage is very hard to find.

I also have a question how much out of pocket (excluding MAI) registration for an M3?
The registration component is free for first 2 years for an EV. However as well as the MAI you still have to pay the: Road rescue fee, Road safety contribution, Lifetime care and support levy, and Motor accident levy, which together amount to $92.60 for 12 months. Then for a new registration you also have to pay the "establish new registration" fee which is $99.30.

Reactions: PC__LoadLetter
The registration component is free for first 2 years for an EV. However as well as the MAI you still have to pay the: Road rescue fee, Road safety contribution, Lifetime care and support levy, and Motor accident levy, which together amount to $92.60 for 12 months. Then for a new registration you also have to pay the "establish new registration" fee which is $99.30.
ah thanks! so all up (including MAI) its closer to 50% off for the whole "registration-associated" cost? better than nothing i supose

ah thanks! so all up (including MAI) its closer to 50% off for the whole "registration-associated" cost? better than nothing i supose
Glad to hear there may be a click and collect option to register the car. I have a temporary registration for 28 days as I am an essential worker (cost $70), but this means I'm driving around with no plates and fear that I will constantly get pulled over. I tried to submit the paperwork using the transfer method, but was told that they couldn't do it (that was two weeks ago). Watch this space!

Glad to hear there may be a click and collect option to register the car. I have a temporary registration for 28 days as I am an essential worker (cost $70), but this means I'm driving around with no plates and fear that I will constantly get pulled over. I tried to submit the paperwork using the transfer method, but was told that they couldn't do it (that was two weeks ago). Watch this space!
What was the process of getting the temp rego?

I now need another 28 day UVP to temporarily register my car in the ACT, my previous one expires tomorrow, therefore another $70 down the drain. I'm hoping that this will be credited for when I can do a proper registration but I sure feel weird driving around with no plates. On the plus side, there is another white Model 3 in my area who also doesn't have plates - nice to know I'm not the only one. Lockdown sucks 😑

I now need another 28 day UVP to temporarily register my car in the ACT, my previous one expires tomorrow, therefore another $70 down the drain. I'm hoping that this will be credited for when I can do a proper registration but I sure feel weird driving around with no plates. On the plus side, there is another white Model 3 in my area who also doesn't have plates - nice to know I'm not the only one. Lockdown sucks 😑

Haha that's probably me (northside). Yep same will have to fork out another $70 toward my $800 p.a. 'free' EV registration.

So has no one heard anything at all?

Yes it's weird but I've driven past a few police and they don't seem to pay much attention to it.

Someone should contact the media or something this is ridiculous now, no communication, no updates.

Haha that's probably me (northside). Yep same will have to fork out another $70 toward my $800 p.a. 'free' EV registration.

Yes it's weird but I've driven past a few police and they don't seem to pay much attention to it.

Someone should contact the media or something this is ridiculous now, no communication, no updates.
IWe need a reporter to ask the question at the press conferences. I've just finished renewing for another 28 days and paid another $70. It was explained to me that this was only for a temporary permit to cover the 3rd party costs and an admin fee. When I am able to register, I will pay the normal amount for it, less the free registration component for EV's.

IWe need a reporter to ask the question at the press conferences. I've just finished renewing for another 28 days and paid another $70. It was explained to me that this was only for a temporary permit to cover the 3rd party costs and an admin fee. When I am able to register, I will pay the normal amount for it, less the free registration component for EV's.
I think about half is CTP insured which is fair enough. So the cost is reasonable it's just disappointing that the government we fund goes to ground over it and says nothing.

Click and collect or post should be incredibly easy to set up.

Contact some opposition MLAs to see if they pull their finger out. Maybe work in religious freedom to get them motivated.

• Funny
Reactions: Gayle S

I've had a cop car/van right behind me about 4-5 and they couldn't care less, this registration business sounds like big conspiracy 😆/s. I'm hoping we get more info by Friday with some of the restrictions easing by then.

apologies for double post but i couldnt edit my previous post. Just got off the phone with AccessCBR and were told they have not been told when they would be able to register a car again (so definitely not tomorrow). It is ridiculous that you will be able to get a haircut before registering a vehicle.