Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Registering in the ACT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
apologies for double post but i couldnt edit my previous post. Just got off the phone with AccessCBR and were told they have not been told when they would be able to register a car again (so definitely not tomorrow). It is ridiculous that you will be able to get a haircut before registering a vehicle.
I expected as much, guess I'm going to have to continue to drive around with no plates and the UVP plastered on the front window!

I haven't bothered printing mine, I don't have a printer, do we really need to? About to call and be placed on hold for four hours to renew it (expires today). This is ridiculous.
I was told we didn't need to as long as we can show the email to the cop when they pull you over.

Also, noticed this post on the cbr subreddit was it one of you? 🤣

I haven't bothered printing mine, I don't have a printer, do we really need to? About to call and be placed on hold for four hours to renew it (expires today). This is ridiculous.
Surprisingly, I got through really quick and renewed mine. You don't have to print it, initially I just had the email on my phone to show if needed. I parked outside the court for the day and only reaction from all the police who passed it was a court staff member thinking it had just been delivered for a Judge! I was quick to tell them that NO, it was mine!

Nope, not me on reddit!

Wow… So it sounds like I am about to join this club. I’m surprised that 7 weeks in it doesn’t appear they have implemented a work around.
I have placed an order via Tesla and my leasing company, just waiting on confirmation on delivery date for a LR Model 3 from inventory
I called Access Canberra today to find out how to arrange rego for when my shiny new M3 arrives. Clear as mud would be an understatement.
I guess I just need to wait for another week or so until I actually take delivery and go from there.

Reactions: Gayle S
You can upload your paperwork through the Access Canberra website now and organise to get the plates.
would you mind helping a dummy like me out and paste the link here? I cannot for the life of me navigate to anything useful on the accesscbr website.

Edit: nvm found it:

Reactions: Aphelion and cafz
would you mind helping a dummy like me out and paste the link here? I cannot for the life of me navigate to anything useful on the accesscbr website.

Edit: nvm found it:
Brilliant! Thank you so much for sharing this. I am crossing my fingers for a delivery day later this week.

I submitted my documentation for registration yesterday and got a phone call today, paid over the phone (for the insurance component) and the plates will be delivered to the house this afternoon, I need to use the registration number as proof of identity. Woohoo💃

I submitted my documentation for registration yesterday and got a phone call today, paid over the phone (for the insurance component) and the plates will be delivered to the house this afternoon, I need to use the registration number as proof of identity. Woohoo💃
nice! was wondering what the process was, as i'm delaying registration to the end of my UVP. which size plates did you end up going with?

Last edited: