Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Registration Paperwork Storage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wondering where y'all keep your car registration?
In glove compartment?
Stuck to the visor?

I usually keep all paperwork in the glove compartment, but wondering if anyone can propose a scenario where (because of no manual open) easy accessibility to these items would cause an issue?

Thanks!

Just wondering where y'all keep your car registration?
In glove compartment?
Stuck to the visor?

I usually keep all paperwork in the glove compartment, but wondering if anyone can propose a scenario where (because of no manual open) easy accessibility to these items would cause an issue?

Thanks!
I have kept my registration in the glove compartment of every car I have had since I started driving just about 40 years ago, and I see no reason to change now. I also can not propose any scenario at all where it would be an issue getting it out of the glove compartment. The glove compartment can be opened with 2 taps on the screen if no pin is set on it, and 2 taps + the pin if one is set.

It can also be opened by voice commands like "open glove compartment" if one wants to keep ones hands on the steering wheel for some reason.

I have kept my registration in the glove compartment of every car I have had since I started driving just about 40 years ago, and I see no reason to change now. I also can not propose any scenario at all where it would be an issue getting it out of the glove compartment. The glove compartment can be opened with 2 taps on the screen if no pin is set on it, and 2 taps + the pin if one is set.

It can also be opened by voice commands like "open glove compartment" if one wants to keep ones hands on the steering wheel for some reason.
Ditto - glovebox. Every car has been the glovebox.

Reactions: rpiotro