Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rejected Delivery, how long until your 2nd attempt?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
for me it was between 2 or 3 weeks, but they also just gave me someone else's reject car. So I imagine it might have been much longer otherwise.

Also I think my second car is actually worse than the first one. But we will see once it gets goes to the body shop for paint, and if they can fix the truck / frunk / door handle alignment, and make the passenger door close without slamming it.

It depends on your configuration. Here is my experience.

LR-RWD in July/August: 1-3 weeks
Back in July/August, rejections for LR-RWD will have another delivery attempt in 1-3 weeks. It took my friend 4 attempts (he rejected attempt 1 & 2, attempt 3 didn't pass QA at delivery center, attempt 4 accepted) before getting a car that still wasn't perfect but is on the upper end of what Tesla is manufacturing.

LR-AWD w/ White Interior and Sport Wheels: Over a month and counting
I had my first delivery attempt on 9/23 which I rejected due to too many paint defects. Was given a new VIN for home delivery on weekend of 9/28-9/30 which Tesla missed and VIN has since been removed. I'm still waiting...

Speculation
For the greatest number of delivery attempts, pick a configuration that is more common (Aero Wheels, Black Interior, etc).

I’m on my 4th reject on LR AWD, average took around 2 to 3 weeks. I’m in NorCal. Also, on my latest attempt I saw my previous rejected car on the lot waiting for a new owner, with all the paint issues unfixed.

What's your configuration? I bet it's not the White Interior w/ Sport Wheels combo. I ordered on June 28 and have only received 1 attempt. I wish they would give me 4 attempts.

What was the (four) VIN #s and why did you reject?

677XX
676XX
11168X
11167X
Paint issues (especially paint chip) that requires repaint.

What's your configuration? I bet it's not the White Interior w/ Sport Wheels combo. I ordered on June 28 and have only received 1 attempt. I wish they would give me 4 attempts.

Pearl white, black interior, sports wheels.

• Informative
Reactions: Trevor B
I’m on my 4th reject on LR AWD, average took around 2 to 3 weeks. I’m in NorCal. Also, on my latest attempt I saw my previous rejected car on the lot waiting for a new owner, with all the paint issues unfixed.

4th reject, and seeing the rejected car (with issues still present) for sale to unsuspecting customers. SMH. That's total BS. I'm just glad i don't want a Tesla vehicle that bad. Do have a deposit down, but i have plenty of time.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
I had my first delivery attempt on 9/23 which I rejected due to too many paint defects. Was given a new VIN for home delivery on weekend of 9/28-9/30 which Tesla missed and VIN has since been removed. I'm still waiting...

After being on hold for 1.5 hours yesterday, I was told that the VIN I was assigned for home delivery was still attached to my order on the back end, and that car didn't pass QA and was sent back to Fremont. He removed the VIN from my account, so I assume I should be rematched soon.

It depends on your configuration. Here is my experience.

This.