Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rejected delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those who rejected delivery in Vancouver, how long do you have to wait for the replacement vehicle? Is it same as if placing a brand-new order?

I had to reject mine yesterday due to stains in the front and rear seats that wouldn't come out despite three people trying to clean it. I offered to accept it and just bring it to a detailer but my only option was either accept it as is or reject it and request a replacement vehicle and wait for delivery again.

Just a note on the Powell Street location. I've never had a new car delivery experience go so bad. They were totally neglecting me and my wife and there was totally no customer service. It's like they all hate their job and doesn't want to deal with humanity. Everyone was monotone and had no facial expression. I wonder if Elon has successfully replaced humans with robots and it was robots that were serving me.
Welcome to the Tesla experience, there is zero flexibility with the purchasing process from start to finish. One of my friends had his order in before the 7500kms of free supercharging ended, with a referral code of course, and somehow Tesla fat fingered it and he got no referral bonus at all. Contacting them after the fact they said there was nothing they could do... Something like that or stains on the seats would be handled with grace and tact by 99% of conventional dealers, but Tesla will essentially tell you to pound sand. Sure it works for now, but this is NOT a sustainable business model, and certainly not going to kill the conventional dealer/manufacturer paradigm.

Last edited:
Why don't you just cancel your order and go buy a EV from the competitors. Tesla just wants everyone to breath fresh air. It doesn't have to be from a Tesla.

My delivery was horrible. They drove the car to my house and the delivery person gets in the car with me and asks me what do I want to know. Seriously? There should be a set way of delivering a car and what to show the customer (when I had my BMW that is what they did.)

So, then someone who wants a Tesla should just suck up bad service (in your case you got good service) because Tesla is Tesla. I guess I should just take bad advice from a doctor because he/she is a doctor too right?

Tesla should make customer service a top priority. Cause eventually everyone is going to take your advice and go with someone else. Then Tesla goes out of business and you get no updates on your car, no FSD, and a supercharger network that is defunct. Plus your resale value is crap.

Sorry to be negative (I LOVE MY CAR) but thinking like this and being lemmings and fanboys will only embolden Tesla that how they are acting is acceptable.