Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I reject Model X delivery? Can all these even be fixed?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reject, and release order hold within a week so you’ll get another vin within a week or two. Just keep track of this vin so they don’t assign you the same vin.
Hi, can you please help elaborate on "Reject, and release order hold within a week so you’ll get another vin within a week or two."?
Would I just tell the Tesla rep that I reject? What would be the best way to ensure that I get matched with another vin as quickly as possible?

Hi, can you please help elaborate on "Reject, and release order hold within a week so you’ll get another vin within a week or two."?
Would I just tell the Tesla rep that I reject? What would be the best way to ensure that I get matched with another vin as quickly as possible?

You can tell them you don’t want to accept this car in person or thru text if Tesla has been contacting you via that route. They don’t care for the reason and will put your order on hold for 2 weeks. You can go online and release that hold within a week and you should get a new vin shortly after that. This is if you’re trying to get a car by 12/31. It’s a tight window there’s a chance you won’t make it. Just make sure it’s not the same vin as that has occasionally happened before. So if you don’t need a car by the 31st I would wait the full 2 weeks.

Most cars don’t have the kind of problems you have. So it’s best to just reject the car and not deal w “service will take care of it later”. Small panel gaps and paint imperfections are ok but your car has too many issues that can’t be fixed. Also don't forget to go through the interior. A friend just picked up a new Y with a punctured hole in the 3rd row seat leather. It was folded when it was delivered and she found out after putting the seat up. They are not giving her the "we don't have an ETA for the new seat" excuse. Again, this is rare most cars are fine. GL!

Last edited:
Reactions: StevenSD
I am pretty forgiving with Tesla with these types of issues and often think people are too picky on what they reject vs what can be fixed. But I’d reject this one.
I see "checklist" for Tesla vehicles; don't recall "checklist" with any other cars I've owned to date. Needless to say my ownership experience with them had been such that I had moved on from one automaker to the next and eventually (after the Porsche Cayenne S) jumped ship (Tesla Model X) in 2016 and haven't (can't imagine ever) looked back.

On a slightly related topic, Tesla has created enemies left and right since its inception, perhaps a typical fate of disruptors. Its stock has consistently been the most shorted (by $ value). There is such a thing as Tesla Q (association and members) and their list of shady activities has gotten longer and worse over time. Wonder if we have been at all influenced by the tactics of those D-bags.

I see "checklist" for Tesla vehicles; don't recall "checklist" with any other cars I've owned to date. Needless to say my ownership experience with them had been such that I had moved on from one automaker to the next and eventually (after the Porsche Cayenne S) jumped ship (Tesla Model X) in 2016 and haven't (can't imagine ever) looked back.

On a slightly related topic, Tesla has created enemies left and right since its inception, perhaps a typical fate of disruptors. Its stock has consistently been the most shorted (by $ value). There is such a thing as Tesla Q (association and members) and their list of shady activities has gotten longer and worse over time. Wonder if we have been at all influenced by the tactics of those D-bags.
Tesla has gained far more customers than has lost.

Will be close to 2 million sold this year. There’s room for improvement for Tesla and often it surprises me how some of these make It to the customer. But I’d bet most are satisfied with their vehicle.

Tesla has gained far more customers than has lost.

Will be close to 2 million sold this year. There’s room for improvement for Tesla and often it surprises me how some of these make It to the customer. But I’d bet most are satisfied with their vehicle.
I agree...on opportunities for improvement. It seems customer service is one that always pop into my head first. Not sure if proper incentives are all in place to drive their behavior and actions. I've come across several good SA's; for some reason they disappear over time, perhaps promoted to better roles at the plant.

I am getting no updates for the third day on if and when they would even fix the issues. I am a step away from rejecting.

How about this tailight condensation? Is this also another issue or normal?

I didn’t even bother asking for these kinds of things because there were so many big issues to deal with..

IMG_1981.jpeg

I am getting no updates for the third day on if and when they would even fix the issues. I am a step away from rejecting.

How about this tailight condensation? Is this also another issue or normal?

I didn’t even bother asking for these kinds of things because there were so many big issues to deal with..

View attachment 997160

You don't need to guess. Come on, after starting this thread, you should know that Tesla would classify your case as within spec! How hard could that be?

I would argue that lights need to be water proof. Any signs of condensation is asking for problems.

Reactions: falconwing_MX