Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rekt

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Super sorry to hear about the S but glad that you are safe. I have a Model X reservation just about ready for VIN and production if you are interested. I booked it back in March when it was at a base price of $104k. PM me if interested. Looking for any fair offer but at a minimum my $250 fee back.

Thanks but I am far too much of a cheapskate for a new car. I'm probably going to look for a 2016 ms.

The end of the year 2016 is a sweet spot for used Teslas. Has the refresh, AP2, and FUSC. FUSC ended on sales made after 17-Jan-2017 (not a production date). It also can be upgraded to FSD, if it doesn't have it. The only downside is it has MCU1, although this can be retrofitted to MCU2. Some used sales may already have the MCU2 retrofit.

Reactions: AMPd
Okay. So, follow up. Around February this year I got a 2015 MS to replace the 2013 I lost.

Fast forward to today. I get a notification on my Tesla app. The sunroof is open. Oh and there's a software update. And I only have 80 kilometers of range left.

Also my car is in Ukraine?!

So I didn't kick the wrecked 2013 out of the Tesla app because I'm sort of emotional when it comes to cars. I figured someone would eventually reset the car but it hasn't happened yet.

So if you've wondered what happens to wrecked Tesla's then mystery solved. They ship them to Ukraine, presumably to be used as explosives against Russia.

Okay. So, follow up. Around February this year I got a 2015 MS to replace the 2013 I lost.

Fast forward to today. I get a notification on my Tesla app. The sunroof is open. Oh and there's a software update. And I only have 80 kilometers of range left.

Also my car is in Ukraine?!

So I didn't kick the wrecked 2013 out of the Tesla app because I'm sort of emotional when it comes to cars. I figured someone would eventually reset the car but it hasn't happened yet.

So if you've wondered what happens to wrecked Tesla's then mystery solved. They ship them to Ukraine, presumably to be used as explosives against Russia.
Lots of totaled cars get auctioned off and sent to Eastern Europe. Not to be used as explosives but to be fixed and used as regular automobiles