Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Relatively short delivery cycle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered April 3, paid in full April 26, delivery of Model Y with FSD expected April 30... Given the long wait times between order and delivery recently being reported by folks here, I wonder if I'm getting a vehicle that somebody else refused at delivery... I guess I'll have to get my checklist ready!... Btw, what is a reasonable number of miles to expect on the odometer on delivery day?... Located in the PNW, and they are bringing the car to my home address...

I can't speak for the others, but I live near the Lynnwood service center- and down the street about 3 miles is a lot where dealers in the area seem to offload cars from the car carries from time to time- Last year it was Acura using the lot, well just this week, there have been Model Y's on this lot, and different ones each day we've driven by, So I think you are likely getting a new car not someones reject.

Edit- reasonable number of miles- Well- are they driving the car to your house? It probably had less than 5 miles on it when it left Fremont, but with this remote lot and jockeying the cars around maybe 30 miles- It used to be they put 50 miles on the titles at transfer even though most cars had less than 20

Ordered April 3, paid in full April 26, delivery of Model Y with FSD expected April 30... Given the long wait times between order and delivery recently being reported by folks here, I wonder if I'm getting a vehicle that somebody else refused at delivery...

@RafaPete what config did you order? We ordered an MSM LR AWD with the 19" wheels, black interior, no tow, no FSD in Vancouver BC on the same day, April 3rd, and we were supposed to have our delivery appointment on the 30th as well though we had to move it back a day to May 1st due to our own schedules. So I'm going to say that since you're between Fremont and us, that the timelines are probably quite reasonable (and identical in fact, had we not had to reschedule).

I can't speak for the others, but I live near the Lynnwood service center- and down the street about 3 miles is a lot where dealers in the area seem to offload cars from the car carries from time to time- Last year it was Acura using the lot, well just this week, there have been Model Y's on this lot, and different ones each day we've driven by, So I think you are likely getting a new car not someones reject.

Edit- reasonable number of miles- Well- are they driving the car to your house? It probably had less than 5 miles on it when it left Fremont, but with this remote lot and jockeying the cars around maybe 30 miles- It used to be they put 50 miles on the titles at transfer even though most cars had less than 20
That's good to know, thank you! ...

That's good to know, thank you! ...
@RafaPete what config did you order? We ordered an MSM LR AWD with the 19" wheels, black interior, no tow, no FSD in Vancouver BC on the same day, April 3rd, and we were supposed to have our delivery appointment on the 30th as well though we had to move it back a day to May 1st due to our own schedules. So I'm going to say that since you're between Fremont and us, that the timelines are probably quite reasonable (and identical in fact, had we not had to reschedule).
Except for FSD, I ordered the same as you did... Actually, I trust Tesla, but there's so many things to think about on first delivery, I thought I'd ask just in case...

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Ordered April 3, paid in full April 26, delivery of Model Y with FSD expected April 30... Given the long wait times between order and delivery recently being reported by folks here, I wonder if I'm getting a vehicle that somebody else refused at delivery... I guess I'll have to get my checklist ready!... Btw, what is a reasonable number of miles to expect on the odometer on delivery day?... Located in the PNW, and they are bringing the car to my home address...
Mine had 50 on the odometer when it got to me since it was a home delivery. I reversed calculate the miles from the delivery center to my house and it looked like it had 20

Except for FSD, I ordered the same as you did... Actually, I trust Tesla, but there's so many things to think about on first delivery, I thought I'd ask just in case...

@RafaPete totally get it, I'm a bit anxious as well (though also extremely excited). We are doing pick up at a local Tesla location rather than home delivery, so the experience will be a bit different. But please keep us posted how it goes for you on Friday! Looking forward to hearing, since I'm guessing we were in the same production batch. (our vin is 180,9xx--how about yours?)

@RafaPete totally get it, I'm a bit anxious as well (though also extremely excited). We are doing pick up at a local Tesla location rather than home delivery, so the experience will be a bit different. But please keep us posted how it goes for you on Friday! Looking forward to hearing, since I'm guessing we were in the same production batch. (our vin is 180,9xx--how about yours?)
@srlawren Ours is 180,8xx ... I'm trying to think positively, imagining the frunk won't look like an elephant sat on the right side, the doors won't let in the wind when they are closed, the exterior paint will be dry to the touch... :)

• Funny
@srlawren Ours is 180,8xx ... I'm trying to think positively, imagining the frunk won't look like an elephant sat on the right side, the doors won't let in the wind when they are closed, the exterior paint will be dry to the touch... :)
@srlawren Delivered to home address on Friday as promised... Trade-in went smoothly too... The left tail light has a significant gap, but other than that, so far so good... Hope you have a good experience tomorrow...

@srlawren Delivered to home address on Friday as promised... Trade-in went smoothly too... The left tail light has a significant gap, but other than that, so far so good... Hope you have a good experience tomorrow...

Thanks and congrats @RafaPete! If that's your only fit & finish issue, you've done very well. And they should be able to fix that, just make sure you log it right away. Very cool!

@RafaPete we must have been in the same build batch! Our driver-side tail light has a gap as well. They must have tweaked it a little while measuring it as it looks better after, even though they told us it was "within spec". We also had a loose visor clip on the driver's side which just snapped back into place, a couple of grease/dirt marks on the headliner by the visors, and one small paint blemish that seems to have polished out. Otherwise I'd say it is very clean and went very smoothly.

Reactions: RafaPete
@RafaPete we must have been in the same build batch! Our driver-side tail light has a gap as well. They must have tweaked it a little while measuring it as it looks better after, even though they told us it was "within spec". We also had a loose visor clip on the driver's side which just snapped back into place, a couple of grease/dirt marks on the headliner by the visors, and one small paint blemish that seems to have polished out. Otherwise I'd say it is very clean and went very smoothly.
Hi @srlawren, just curious, since we have sibling Model Ys, is your DashCam recording footage?... The Tesla USB drive is formatted and has been reformatted on the center screen, and the DashCam icon turns red, indicating recording mode, but the DashCam will not record any footage... Swapping in a Samsung 128GB Pro Endurance and formatting it on the center screen also results in no footage saved....

Hi @srlawren, just curious, since we have sibling Model Ys, is your DashCam recording footage?... The Tesla USB drive is formatted and has been reformatted on the center screen, and the DashCam icon turns red, indicating recording mode, but the DashCam will not record any footage... Swapping in a Samsung 128GB Pro Endurance and formatting it on the center screen also results in no footage saved....
Admittedly I haven't tried out the TeslaCam yet. I will try to later today or tomorrow and let you know

Wow, wonder where in the heck mine is!...

Woke up at midnight, saw it changed from my previous eta of May 25- June 15 to 5-9 weeks of ordered date

ordered 4/1 in Orlando FL
(White on white seats, MY LR, 20” induction wheels, 5 seats.)

Checked now, still 5-9 weeks from ordered date

Reactions: Drax
Woke up at midnight, saw it changed from my previous eta of May 25- June 15 to 5-9 weeks of ordered date

ordered 4/1 in Orlando FL
(White on white seats, MY LR, 20” induction wheels, 5 seats.)

Checked now, still 5-9 weeks from ordered date
@MrsLabib I find it a little troubling that, even though my Model Y has been delivered, I still wake up at midnight to check...the car's status...