Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Releasing on hold orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone,
How is everybody? I officially don't have a Tesla yet but I am planning on getting one in the next few weeks. I actually have a Model Y on hold. My question is, if I click that I am ready for delivery, with anyone's experience, how fast is the turn around time, is it faster or slower than someone who just ordered the car altogether. I do not have a VIN assigned yet as far as I can tell. Thank you everyone.

Should've been more clear. I ordered and put on hold the LR Midnight Silver (or dark gray) color which I believe quite a lot of members here call the "MSM" color. I've been reading more and more since I've been checking to see if anyone here responded and judging from what I read in other threads, the MSM color choice is really hard to come by and that the delivery turn around could take as long as 2 months or 8 weeks maybe more. I've also looked at the Tesla website and the current ETA for deliveries is October (which is about 10 weeks) if I were to order now. My assumption for this is they are probably now just finishing those order that will come out of the Fremont factory and will convert current orders to the Texas factory thus the long delay but then again, this is my first Tesla, so I really don't know. Since I have my car on hold until Aug 17, I will wait and see if the guy who helped me put the hold order will respond. It's only been less than 24 hrs anyway since I sent him the e-mail, whether he can tell me or not. I still have about a month to see.

Hello everyone,
How is everybody? I officially don't have a Tesla yet but I am planning on getting one in the next few weeks. I actually have a Model Y on hold. My question is, if I click that I am ready for delivery, with anyone's experience, how fast is the turn around time, is it faster or slower than someone who just ordered the car altogether. I do not have a VIN assigned yet as far as I can tell. Thank you everyone.
You cannot predict this. It is faster than someone who just ordered.