Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Remote climate control unreliable?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

holmgang

Sep 9, 2019
eu
I've been on latest software, and the app-based remote climate function work less than half of the time.

The car is alive and communicative. For example, I can open the app, set the climate, and unlock the frunk...and when I get to the car the frunk is opened but the climate (&seat heating) is not according to the instruction.

1. Time from sending signal, to car entry, is anywhere from 2 minutes to 15 minutes. So it's not a matter of the lag in the instruction, or the preheating cancelling itself out.

2. Also sometimes turning on climate, the front defroster turns on. It's not resuming from a state before the car was parked. And I doubt the car has some condensation sensor. So it seems utterly random.

Anyone else get this?

Reactions: guggie1
I've not had any issues and I use the app to both precondition/defrost and to turn climate on daily. Are you sure you're not observing the car returning the climate settings to what's saved on your profile when you get in? If you have Easy Entry setup, whatever you set via the app will be replaced when the car changes the profile back to yours.

Are you sure you're not observing the car returning the climate settings to what's saved on your profile when you get in? If you have Easy Entry setup, whatever you set via the app will be replaced when the car changes the profile back to yours.

AFAIK, the driver profile is only associated with seats, steering, and mirror positions.

mine is the only profile saved to the car. i havent tracked the behavior carefully to see if the climate setting is from the last time the car was driven, or from previous remote-setting failures. all i know is i vary the the settings each morning to something unique to see if it "takes", and it rarely does.

AFAIK, the driver profile is only associated with seats, steering, and mirror positions.

mine is the only profile saved to the car. i havent tracked the behavior carefully to see if the climate setting is from the last time the car was driven, or from previous remote-setting failures. all i know is i vary the the settings each morning to something unique to see if it "takes", and it rarely does.

No, quite a few additional things are saved to the driver profile, including climate settings, driving preferences, autopilot settings, lights settings, and some others. And even if yours is the only profile, if you have easy entry enabled, the car treats it as another profile and saves settings changes to it. When you get back in the car, it then reverts to your profile and the settings associated with it.

No, quite a few additional things are saved to the driver profile, including climate settings, driving preferences, autopilot settings, lights settings, and some others. And even if yours is the only profile, if you have easy entry enabled, the car treats it as another profile and saves settings changes to it. When you get back in the car, it then reverts to your profile and the settings associated with it.

what is the solution to being able to vary the climate each morning via app? turn OFF the seat heater and climate control and save that to the profile?

id like to of course keep the easy entry feature, but want to control different seatings when i wake up to 5*C day or to a 10*C day

what is the solution to being able to vary the climate each morning via app? turn OFF the seat heater and climate control and save that to the profile?

id like to of course keep the easy entry feature, but want to control different seatings when i wake up to 5*C day or to a 10*C day

The car still turns the climate on and sets it to whatever you request through the app, so it should be warm after you get in. Then, once you get in and it reverts to the last saved setting on your profile, just set the climate to what you need using the controls in the car.

The car still turns the climate on and sets it to whatever you request through the app, so it should be warm after you get in. Then, once you get in and it reverts to the last saved setting on your profile, just set the climate to what you need using the controls in the car.

Gotcha. Temp I'm not too fussed on. Would like for seat to retain their pre-heat instructions without having to re-set it once I'm in the car....

I find rather annoying as well. The app often won't show the seat heaters and won't turn on. And when I get in and hit the brake it reverts back to the last time I drove, which is a totally different setting than I would like on an cold morning.
I would like to turn off the auto profile function for this.