Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Remote heating question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

davezforce

IG @davezforce
Jan 18, 2017
NJ
Listings
When I turn on climate now from the app, it’s turning on the heat plus the steering wheel, front and rear defrosters. Is this normal? I don’t remember it doing this before, or is this new in the 2019.40.1.1 update? Thanks

When I turn on climate now from the app, it’s turning on the heat plus the steering wheel, front and rear defrosters. Is this normal? I don’t remember it doing this before, or is this new in the 2019.40.1.1 update? Thanks
I think it is a new normal, but possibly only in the sense that it's a consistent bug. The steering wheel indication usually turns off pretty quickly after it turns on, and I certainly don't get the point in that at all. Regardless, if I want it on, I wait for it to turn off and then turn it on again. However, I don't think I've gotten in the vehicle and felt that the steering wheel or a seat that I've turned some number of minutes prior on is actually on since this started happening (hence the comment about it potentially being a consistent bug). Regardless, it's extra fun to watch, because if it was cold when you drove to work, but it's warm when you want to head to lunch and you turn on the climate control immediately upon connection for that drive, it will indicate that it has kicked on the same set of heating stuff even though it should be cooling.

I think it is a new normal, but possibly only in the sense that it's a consistent bug. The steering wheel indication usually turns off pretty quickly after it turns on, and I certainly don't get the point in that at all. Regardless, if I want it on, I wait for it to turn off and then turn it on again. However, I don't think I've gotten in the vehicle and felt that the steering wheel or a seat that I've turned some number of minutes prior on is actually on since this started happening (hence the comment about it potentially being a consistent bug). Regardless, it's extra fun to watch, because if it was cold when you drove to work, but it's warm when you want to head to lunch and you turn on the climate control immediately upon connection for that drive, it will indicate that it has kicked on the same set of heating stuff even though it should be cooling.
Ok. Thanks for the reply. I didn’t remember it before and thought I might be doing something wrong.