Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Remote Tesla app won't work on Apple Watch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i want to be able to open frunk/trunk with my Apple Watch, without having to get my iPhone out of my purse. so - I paid for the Remote Tesla app since i saw many recommended it. looks cool and appears to work well on my iPhone (Xs) . I downloaded the Remote Tesla app to my new Apple Watch (series 4).

though, the Remote Tesla doesn't work at all on my Apple Watch :(. On the watch it says i have to open the app on my iPhone first. Even if i do that - it shows absolutely no information at all (no info on charge, range), and no apparent way of opening frunk or trunk or even unlocking the car. It doesn't appear to be connected to the at all. On my phone, the app works fine. But that defeats the whole purpose of having the app (i could do all the same things with free Tesla app).

i have tried deleting the Remote app from my phone and reinstalling it, and nothing. Can't seem to find much from googling. I can't be the only one that has had this problem! any help appreciated.

I have Stats and the Watch App works great. Here Are a couple of screen shots and you can use it to add a range milage or percentage Complication. Accidentally unlocked my 3 while taking the screen shot.

IMG_0751.jpeg
IMG_0748.jpeg
IMG_0750.jpeg
IMG_0752.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: sweetneet
I have Stats and the Watch App works great. Here Are a couple of screen shots and you can use it to add a range milage or percentage Complication. Accidentally unlocked my 3 while taking the screen shot.

View attachment 427361 View attachment 427362 View attachment 427363View attachment 427364

Thanks! I did look at the Stats app and did look useful and was debating getting it. Though before paying $20 for another app I was first hoping to get the Remote Tesla app working since I already paid $10 for that. Kinda bummed now since the Stats app looks more what I was looking for (not something to replace the Tesla app on my phone, but something basic that actually works on the Apple Watch and can handle simple commands). Hmm I may just bite the bullet and try it (though am concerned this may not work on my watch either and I will have paid $30 for nothing..)

For what it’s worth, the developer of the Stats app is just a regular guy (and a Tesla owner just like us) and has responded to all my emails incredibly quickly. If you were to have an issue, I’m sure you’d find the same.

thanks, good point!

also my hubs reminded me, i paid close to $50k for this car, what's another $20 in the grand scheme of things? :D

ok, well i bought the Stats app, and that one doesn't work on my Apple Watch either! :confused: App works great on my phone, but then on the watch asks me to please launch the app on my Phone first. Which it already is. sigh.

ok, well i bought the Stats app, and that one doesn't work on my Apple Watch either! :confused: App works great on my phone, but then on the watch asks me to please launch the app on my Phone first. Which it already is. sigh.
That’s strange. Seems like your watch is not syncing correctly with the phone. I suggest doing a reset of your watch. Could try a soft reset first (hold both side buttons down till the logo appears) otherwise do a full reset and restore of your Apple Watch. I bought remote app first and also stats. I like the remote watch app better then stats. But the stats phone app is better than remote. So I uninstalled stats off my watch. Unfortunately the stats app was draining my model x so I deleted it and am just using the factory Tesla and remote app now. Good luck

That’s strange. Seems like your watch is not syncing correctly with the phone. I suggest doing a reset of your watch. Could try a soft reset first (hold both side buttons down till the logo appears) otherwise do a full reset and restore of your Apple Watch. I bought remote app first and also stats. I like the remote watch app better then stats. But the stats phone app is better than remote. So I uninstalled stats off my watch. Unfortunately the stats app was draining my model x so I deleted it and am just using the factory Tesla and remote app now. Good luck

thank u so much! resetting the apple watch finally worked (at least for Stats app), after maybe 20 minutes of trying suggestions in FAQ (seems to be common issue, and tips were to restart iPhone, uninstall and reinstall app from iPhone, etc). i was following everything but just wasn't doing it. Apple Watch just needed to be reset apparently.

i will watch for the battery drain from Stats app. i heard that was potentially an issue.

Reactions: davezforce
thank u so much! resetting the apple watch finally worked (at least for Stats app), after maybe 20 minutes of trying suggestions in FAQ (seems to be common issue, and tips were to restart iPhone, uninstall and reinstall app from iPhone, etc). i was following everything but just wasn't doing it. Apple Watch just needed to be reset apparently.

i will watch for the battery drain from Stats app. i heard that was potentially an issue.
Glad you got it sorted. U should try the Remote Tesla Apple Watch app. I like the UI a lot better then Stats Apple Watch.

• Informative
Reactions: sweetneet