Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Remotely popping open door

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm saying that I didn't know it was possible with the driver door. It's not possible on my Model Y.
In the Tesla app across the middle there should be a line of shortcut buttons. Tap and on hold one of the shortcuts and it gives you various options you can drag and drop to replace those buttons and change the order. One of the options should be a driver door release shortcut.

So im guessing there is no third party support for this feature?
Not that I'm aware of. Just being curious... what's your intended usage? I can see being able to open the driver's door (if stuck) could be useful but why bother with the passenger side rear door (for example)? Opening the door for somebody you're picking up without having to get out of the driver's seat? Might be good to have this in a pouring rainstorm I guess.

Not that I'm aware of. Just being curious... what's your intended usage? I can see being able to open the driver's door (if stuck) could be useful but why bother with the passenger side rear door (for example)? Opening the door for somebody you're picking up without having to get out of the driver's seat? Might be good to have this in a pouring rainstorm I guess.
tons of possibilities.
it could be used for rideshare for people that dont know how to use the handle
its convenient if someones hands are full (family or friends getting to your car)
if the other drivers door was too frozen, etc etc etc