Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Removing charger connector

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a new Keruida mobile charger with a Tesla connector. It locks in place upon insertion. I am having trouble removing it without selecting "unlock charger" on the screen. Can I just remove it by pushing the button on it?

Peter

I can't speak first had to the exact device you are referencing, but sounds like the same situation for when I use a general J1722 charging station and the J1722 adapter. What I find works is I push the latch on the J1722 charging handle, hold it depressed, the port will unlock temporarily, such that you then need to pull the handle and the adapter out together as a single unit. This works best if you use a two hand approach. For me, right hand grabbing the adapter, left hand on the charging handle to push the button. Soon as you push and hold down the latch with thumb on left hand, the port unlocks, then with right hand pull both out together as a unit, but without releasing the latch/button on the handle.

I got a new Keruida mobile charger with a Tesla connector. It locks in place upon insertion. I am having trouble removing it without selecting "unlock charger" on the screen. Can I just remove it by pushing the button on it?

Peter
A quick search on Amazon shows at least one review saying that the button doesn't open the charge door. So you'll have to do it from the car or via remote or phone.