Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Renewing the debate on the best Fridge/Freezer for 6 seater MX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does this tweet from EM today mean we are getting power for the cooler up to 48 hrs when parked?
Elon Musk on Twitter

That is the way I interpret it.

PS - I went with the ARB 37 and love it. It is super durable (meaning once I am at my destination, it handles anything I throw at it). It is super easy to maintain (washes out easily), use, and store (the fact that the lid completely removes with ease means you can store it without worry of mold, etc from the top being sealed). All around, great product!

Initially had a koolatron p75. It works well and fits almost flush level with the back seats. However I wanted a real freezer instead. Debated between the cfx-40w and the Engel mt45f-u1 and ultimately decided to pay a bit more for the Engel. It is narrower than the cfx-40w and a bit higher. It is a good armrest for the back seats. I will try and update when I've had it going for a bit. Engel is discontinuing this model for the identically sized platinum version with a bit more tech.

anyone knows if which dometic cfx size would fit in the frunk?
I would review all manual WxHxD dimensions. Make cardboard boxes for the one you are thinking about and see how it fits.

technical-data-snapshot-png.244504

https://www.dealnews.com/products/Aspenora-37-Quart-Car-Refrigerator/138217.html

Anybody have experience with this model?

Looking for a fridge/freezer for my Model X
I have the Massimo 42q cooler/freezer. Much cheaper than the Dometic and does a fantastic job. I’ve had it about 6 months now and taken it on 5 trips. No issues whatsoever. Plenty of room for my needs. Quiet operation. Sturdy. You can find it online for under $250. Also available in a bigger and smaller size. The selling point for me was the fact the Massimo has wheels. These things are usually heavy and I’m in and out of hotels a lot. The Massimo makes transport much easier.

Last edited: