Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Repair Cost - Front Bumper Corner Scratches

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

I am hoping to become a Model S owner as soon as next week, but your advice would be hugely appreciated!

I am trying to decide whether or not to go forward with buying a used Model S from Tesla. The car has some scratches on the front bumper, as shown in the pictures in the links below. Tesla is saying that they won't repair them.

Front Bumper 1.jpeg

Front Bumper 2.jpeg

At first, I thought that the scratches are minor and can be fixed easily by a body shop. However, I then saw many posts about how something that seems minor in other cars may cost much more for a Tesla repair.

Do you think that the damages can simply be addressed with touch up paint / buffing them out, etc.? Are there any potential hidden costs that I should think about?

Many thanks for your help!

I think I'd be careful about buying that one, it looks as if it has been treated roughly. That wheel looks as if it has hit many curbs and is that a cut in the sidewall at 10 o'clock?

Cars are usually priced by age followed by mileage, then condition. It shouldn't cost much more to get one that has been treated with the utmost of care.

I think I'd be careful about buying that one, it looks as if it has been treated roughly. That wheel looks as if it has hit many curbs and is that a cut in the sidewall at 10 o'clock?

Cars are usually priced by age followed by mileage, then condition. It shouldn't cost much more to get one that has been treated with the utmost of care.

Thanks for the advice, D.E. I will be sure to look at it carefully when I get to see it in person. Thanks!