Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$3k repair bill, is this legitimate?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was told I had some damage to the undercarriage of my Model S and received a $3k repair bill. Specifically, they said it was the radiator duct assembly, front bumper carrier and ankle catcher trim and was sent the following pics.

1a0bc4b9-bcb6-4b17-9705-ebed1c6e8c3d.jpeg

8eb806d1-7748-48e8-ae38-53cab15d837d.png
ea69fd81-02ff-4128-8ea3-9dbbbeb3c770.jpeg
42c58511-a47b-4680-9296-6fc78fc1c6fe.jpeg
db451efe-4bc3-4ed1-a1f9-4ec5cc5f2122.jpeg
8489ef6b-57ca-4cd3-8921-a7dac2a17e68.png

Do these charges seem legitimate? Meaning, do the labor and parts charges make sense as far as you guys can tell? Is there anything that isn't mandatory to have done?
I am a little short of cash with the holidays and have already put quite a bit of cash into repairs on the vehicle, so trying to keep expenses down if possible.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

or if the coolant/AC are not leaking and its not affecting any functionality, just drive it like that
its under the car so you'll never see it...

Price is high due to labor hours to drain/refill coolant/AC and front end disassembly...

I would say the price is reasonable. It is not easily repairable at home if you are going to replace the carrier assembly, as everything on the front of the car is attached to it and will need to be transferred over to the new carrier: condensers, radiator, all sensors, ducting, etc... The cooling system and refrigerant systems will need drained and re-filled. Generally not something that can be done at home.
You could, if there are no leaks in the coolant or refrigerant systems, just re-install the lower aero valance and drive the car. That decision is one you will have to make for yourself.

EDITED to add: I see you say you don't have the money right now. Drive it the way it is and save for the repairs as long as there are no leaks.