Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Repair Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's my situation. I have a heavy rattle and clunk coming from the rear drivers wheel area, I think it's a loose shock. It's drivable, just noisy and annoying.

I live about 4 hours from the nearest repair location. Had a scheduled repair today at 10:30. Had the car charged to 100% and was up at 6, coffee in hand and got a text that my appointment was canceled due to Covid at the location.

I have another appointment scheduled for next week already at the next closest location but I noticed there is a option for rattle or vibration for roadside assistance.

What is the process for roadside assistance? I need my car for a trip on the 18th and I am just trying to figure out the best/ easiest option to get it fixed.

Roadside may be worth a shot, I’d describe the sound as unsafe and that something sounds loose.

I definitely wouldn’t be driving the car if I heard suspension/drivetrain noises like this as doing so (without a diagnosis) could easily cause damage.

I agree with @vjason, this sort of noise sounds ominous and I’d be uncomfortable driving the vehicle unless I could pinpoint the issue better.

Some options perhaps:
1- have a local mechanic look at the vehicle. They may/may not be able to fix but can easily diagnose suspension issues like a loose shock. They may not be able to fix it, and certainly not under warranty, but should be able to tell you how safe it is to drive.
2- schedule the mobile repair.
3- have a backup plan of renting a vehicle for your trip the 18th. Turo rents other Teslas, but regardless, unless issue is fixed I wouldn’t want to even drive the car let alone take a trip in it.

Good luck! And share with us what the “fix” was please.