Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Repeated climate control issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery of my Model Y LR end of April and experienced the dreaded “Cabin climate control system requires service”. I took it into service and they said it came out of the factory without enough coolant fluid. They took it in for urgent service given it was 90+ outside and topped it off and sent me home.

Fast forward a few weeks and I just got the error message again, both times after charging the car. I have to wonder what the issue really is…temperature sensor?! A leak?

Reactions: beachmiles
Took delivery of my Model Y LR end of April and experienced the dreaded “Cabin climate control system requires service”. I took it into service and they said it came out of the factory without enough coolant fluid. They took it in for urgent service given it was 90+ outside and topped it off and sent me home.

Fast forward a few weeks and I just got the error message again, both times after charging the car. I have to wonder what the issue really is…temperature sensor?! A leak?
You can Wonder, or you can submit a ticket and get it fixed.

Do you know how to pull off the frunk rear cover? It just pops up vertically, with 8 or 9 pins. Careful: the pins that hold the cover on each side to the fender are a bit fragile.

I'd check coolant level before driving again. The coolant is critical to HVAC AND, even more important, cooling the HV battery.

You're not the first person to post about a coolant leak. That would be my guess, if coolant level keeps dropping.

HAHA, I keep editing. The SC should handle your situation ASAP, since the coolant level is critical.

Last edited:
Update: They are replacing the whole HVAC assembly and the part will take a week to get here…I’m seriously thinking about the lemon law if there’s a third repair on this.
To clarify: "thumbs up" for getting the HVAC assembly repaired/replaced. I hope you post a detailed invoice of what they're doing. As far as "lemon law," I don't think you're anywhere near qualifying for that yet.