Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replace 12v warning now gone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This morning I got a “replace your 12v battery warning” when my X had about 20 miles left on the charge. I charged it today to 160 miles (70% or so) and the warning light has gone away.

I scheduled an at home service for next week. Should I still replace the battery or wait for the warning again.

I’m assuming I’ll be charged for the new battery (I have a CPO still under the 4 year 50,000 miles).

Any advice is welcomed!

This morning I got a “replace your 12v battery warning” when my X had about 20 miles left on the charge. I charged it today to 160 miles (70% or so) and the warning light has gone away.

I scheduled an at home service for next week. Should I still replace the battery or wait for the warning again.

I’m assuming I’ll be charged for the new battery (I have a CPO still under the 4 year 50,000 miles).

Any advice is welcomed!

One of the risks in driving with the low state of charge is: The main battery wants to conserve its energy so it would stop draining its energy for Air Conditioning, Heater, and in your case also to your 12V charging system.

If it doesn't ask for 12V replacement anymore, I wouldn't replace it because the cause is not from the 12V battery failure but because of the deprivation of being charged from the depleting main battery.

Now your main battery is no longer depleting, you should be fine.