Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replace high voltage cables if coolant/oil on rear motor speed sensor?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2015 S is going to be out of motor/battery warranty in the next few months. Made an appointment with local service center to inspect speed sensor in rear motor to check for coolant/oil (Which is a sign of a failing motor on the P and RWD cars.)

I asked if they would replace the motor if coolant/oil found, or if we have to wait for complete failure. Their exact words were "..the drive unit may not have to be replaced just the high voltage cables."

That's a new one. Not sure what the high voltage cables have to do with coolant on the speed sensor. . . Appointment is tomorrow, we shall see. Anyone ever hear this line before?

Told me to just drop the car and they'll give me Uber credits, which I appreciate. But I have to think Tesla wastes a lot of money on Uber credits. It's a 30 minute inspection, which I told them I'm happy to wait for. (Since I'm 30 minutes from the SC.) Not sure why they have you "schedule" a time if they're not going to work on the car at that scheduled time.