Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replaced brake pads with R1 Concepts Perf pads

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Doanster1

Feb 14, 2018
Oregon
Finally got around to replacing the pads all around. I’ve never liked the stock pads on my P85D as for the two times I truly had panic stop situations, they left much to be desired stopping power wise. My personal preference has always been to run a more aggressive street pad and Porterfield R4S were my go-to.
However, given how little the brakes are used along with me no longer attending HPDE track days, I looked around for less expensive alternatives and found R1 had a Performance line.
Long story short, the pads are a direct fit and went in without issues. Fixed caliper brakes are so simple to work on. Pads just pop in/out.
After bedding the pads, I’m happy with the results. Better than stock, but nothing crazy and no noise.
At 90K miles, the fronts were down to prob 10%. Rears still have plenty of meat on them, but I wanted to have matched sets front/rear. Going to throw them out unless someone wants them.

Attachments

• EB4F9EB8-E446-4116-B147-EA7E5608FE00.jpeg
    EB4F9EB8-E446-4116-B147-EA7E5608FE00.jpeg
    222.5 KB · Views: 86