Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replacement ETA post reject at initial delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,
Wanted to find out how long it took to get a replacement VIN/delivery for those who rejected their initial MY. I rejected mine on 6/30 due to a 3" vertical dent (with paint damage under the clear coat) on the driver door. No word of a replacement yet. Was just curious.

Exactly the same, rejected two weeks ago, new VIN last night. Scheduled to arrive East Coast in 2 weeks.
Still a 4 week roundtrip but happy to have a car coming when so many other res holders from last year haven't got served.

We were offered and rejected one on 6/24 that didn't meet our specifications (no trailer hitch) and were then told it would be 4-8 weeks to be assigned another one. Original order made in December 2019, changed color in March 2020 and added trailer hitch in May. Now we wait as if we're newly ordering. Hopefully the wait is worth it as there were numerous paint and panel issues in the one we rejected.

just curious why did you reject yours?

The tail lights were juting out way too much and they said it was within spec, but we walked the lot and saw other Ys tail lights were better aligned with the body.

Also, the front quarter panel was misaligned enough to notice in several places where it met the headlight, front bumper, side of windshield. They said that was in spec and they wouldn't be able to fix it. My husband couldn't accept it knowing he'd be seeing those defects everyday.

Old VIN: 222XX
New VIN: 224XX

Pearl White, LR AWD, BLK interior, 20" induction wheels, FSD

Thanks all for your input. I had gotten a new VIN on 7/7 and was waiting for a delivery date then I saw the news about the $3k price change. Quickly cancelled the original order, place a new order on 7/12. Got a new VIN today along with a text msg saying delivery is tentatively set for 7/16. Wish me luck! Hopefully I will get a clean, trouble free one this time.

Reactions: JRova