Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replacement for Michelin Primacy MXM4 tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am getting closer to replace my original tires as well. Does anyone consider to put on run-flat tires? I am looking into Bridgestone DriveGuard, but the review isn't so great. Is it worthy to put on run-flat tires?

I am getting closer to replace my original tires as well. Does anyone consider to put on run-flat tires? I am looking into Bridgestone DriveGuard, but the review isn't so great. Is it worthy to put on run-flat tires?
I put Driveguards on my last car during my last few years of ownership. They'll help you get to somewhere safe if you suffer a blowout, but it became increasingly clear to me that the tires themselves are extremely prone to blowouts, more so than most. I think I lost 3 or 4 in the course of 3 years, all to potholes on I-285. I almost never drive on 285 anymore and so Driveguards would be less useful to me than they were back then, but even if I did still drive on 285 on a daily basis, I probably wouldn't buy them again.

I have had Pirelli CINTURATO P7 prior to these Michellin Primacy MXM4. IMO, the Pirelli is better, assuming you have AWD. It is much better in energy rating and noise reduction. The handling is about the same as michellin.

Is this for 18'' or 19''? I have 19'' and debating among 1) Pirelli Cinturato P7 all season 2) Michelin MXM4 3) Michelin 4s 4) Continentals

I had a puncture fixed by Tesla Service Center on the stock MXM4. Drywall screw so the hole wasn't too big. My understanding is that they removed some of the foam and put a patch in (not a plug). Several months later I ran over what looked like a 1/4" diameter bolt (on the same tire) and they said that was not repairable. Both were almost dead center in the tread. Since the tread on both rear tires were worn down fairly well and I was already at the service center, I opted to replace both with the MXM4s. Total was about $700. Next time I'm probably going to go with Bridgestone Turanzas or Potenzas. Had both on my BMW and liked them. I'm not too worried about the loss of range by going to a non-low rolling resistance tire. I do however, like cornering.