Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replacement T emblems

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I knew as soon as I posted that someone would ask for a comparison - threw this together quickly.

Left is replacement front - right is my steering wheel (closest in size for comparison).
Biggest difference is obviously the space between the two parts of the emblem:
p2603600717-3.jpg

Also, color looks closer (emblem/plate) in better light.
p2603600727-3.jpg

PS - do noobs not get signatures or am I just missing where to add/change that?
The smaller spacing looks better. Although it could be the same part with different spacing.

Tp change your signature click on your username at the top of the screen and there should be a signature menu under that.

Reactions: teamRAVEGREEN
The smaller spacing looks better. Although it could be the same part with different spacing.

Tp change your signature click on your username at the top of the screen and there should be a signature menu under that.
Dang! Editing the signature was right in front of my face... can't believe I didn't find that. Thank you!

Re: Emblem - the replacement that is on there is quite a bit thicker than the one on the back and looks noticeably thicker than an old cell phone shot of the original front. Also seems like A LOT more sticky stuff is used under the replacement emblem as it sits up higher. All things MOST people probably wouldn't notice, but now I can't help myself....

I just received my vehicle back from the service center in Renton and they dented the Frunk pretty bad. It's hard to picture but when I showed it to them they said they'll have it fixed asap. Unfortunately, I received a paint chip on my way home it seems and I was planning on getting ppf installed tomorrow. What bad luck. I've had a loaner model X longer than I've had my own model Y! Hope things start to improve soon.

I have a service appointment scheduled Thursday to install the Homelink and to install replacement Emblems. Tesla is replacing the emblems for free. Guess I am sticking with chrome emblems given lack of high quality alternatives. I don't like the idea of wrapping the emblem or putting on overlay on them - it's too much effort.

I just received my vehicle back from the service center in Renton and they dented the Frunk pretty bad. It's hard to picture but when I showed it to them they said they'll have it fixed asap. Unfortunately, I received a paint chip on my way home it seems and I was planning on getting ppf installed tomorrow. What bad luck. I've had a loaner model X longer than I've had my own model Y! Hope things start to improve soon.

That does suck, sorry to hear it. Hard to image they would give you the car back with a dented frunk. At least it sounds like they made it right - I had a pretty good experience with Renton. Good luck with the PPF install when that day comes.

I have a service appointment scheduled Thursday to install the Homelink and to install replacement Emblems. Tesla is replacing the emblems for free. Guess I am sticking with chrome emblems given lack of high quality alternatives. I don't like the idea of wrapping the emblem or putting on overlay on them - it's too much effort.

Wrapping isn't perfect, but at least it is fairly cheap (for something that size) and temporary in that I could have it taken off without too much trouble. I was really after a way to set my car apart of the many Teslas around here!

That does suck, sorry to hear it. Hard to image they would give you the car back with a dented frunk. At least it sounds like they made it right - I had a pretty good experience with Renton. Good luck with the PPF install when that day comes.

Wrapping isn't perfect, but at least it is fairly cheap (for something that size) and temporary in that I could have it taken off without too much trouble. I was really after a way to set my car apart of the many Teslas around here!

Yes what you did is awesome. If you are going for an unusual color, wrapping is a great way to do it. I am assuming though that you were able to do it as part of a PPF job. Most places wouldn't take an emblem only job - but also it would cost me too much time to take it there for just emblems.

Out of curiosity What does it cost to wrap the emblems?

Yes what you did is awesome. If you are going for an unusual color, wrapping is a great way to do it. I am assuming though that you were able to do it as part of a PPF job. Most places wouldn't take an emblem only job - but also it would cost me too much time to take it there for just emblems.

Out of curiosity What does it cost to wrap the emblems?
PPF was a separate job right after I got the car (nearly 3 months ago). I guess I'm lucky here - there's a guy that wraps just about anything and takes small jobs when he's not wrapping cars. He did my three emblems out of his garage in about 30 mins. Cost was $100.