Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Resetting "car needs service" error message

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello
I need an advice. I've just done an audio upgrade in my car that required me to remove the top trims on the dashboard. This also meant that I had to disconnect the airbag connector. The 12v battery was disconnected while doing this.

When I did the install, I reconnected the 12v battery for a brief time to do some testing. Since this was while the airbag was disconnected, it triggered an "car needs service" error message, wich probably is normal.

However when I reassembeled again, the error message still persists. Is there any way to clear the messages without contacting Tesla support? I've tried the usual reboots with scroll wheels and the upper buttons.

Thanks for any help

Well, this was quite embarrasing..
I remembered later today that I also had disconnected a sensor on the 12v battery terminal when I disconnected the grounding cable. It turned out that this was the reason for the "car needs service" error message. When I hooked on this sensor, the message cleared automatically.

• Informative
Reactions: mblakele