Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Residential Charging networks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I posted this in the Leicester Owners Thread but I think it's worth discussing at a forum level.

A while back there was a consultation conducted by Blaby District Council on EVs and charging point strategies, etc. I gave them some real honest constructive feedback and they must have had others feeding back too as they've announced that there will be a number of local charging points being installed

Charging points coming to district – Blaby District Council

Slightly confused as they mentioned 24, but later reference 12. Either way, it's a good sign and nice to see a local council investing in smaller, residential type charging networks.

I posted this in the Leicester Owners Thread but I think it's worth discussing at a forum level.

A while back there was a consultation conducted by Blaby District Council on EVs and charging point strategies, etc. I gave them some real honest constructive feedback and they must have had others feeding back too as they've announced that there will be a number of local charging points being installed

Charging points coming to district – Blaby District Council

Slightly confused as they mentioned 24, but later reference 12. Either way, it's a good sign and nice to see a local council investing in smaller, residential type charging networks.

sounds great - and i think the apparent number disparity is that there will be 12 twin units giving 7kWh to 2 vehicles each - so the scheme provides 24 spaces to charge in total? Fab scheme to make EV's more accessible to those without off street parking

sounds great - and i think the apparent number disparity is that there will be 12 twin units giving 7kWh to 2 vehicles each - so the scheme provides 24 spaces to charge in total? Fab scheme to make EV's more accessible to those without off street parking

Yes could well be that - although, having some local knowledge, I'm curious as to how they will achieve this in one of the areas. Remains to be seen but I will get some pics as and when they are installed.