Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Responding to the "Rich Man's Car" Comments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A-ha! I think we've finally cracked the code to the real Secret Tesla Motors Master Plan! All they have to do is find the right crossover demographics, and they'll completely corner the market!

(with my apologies to, well, everyone)

View attachment 29704

I don't know who has noticed this, but as you know, the biggest market outside of the US is... The Nor Vegans! Part of Leilani's (and obvously ours as well) demographic.

I love your attachment. I think we are all in love with (figuratively, of course) Leilani.

Nice graphic Andrew! This is totally off-topic, but the Venn diagram reminded me. John Oliver (from Daily Show) was interviewing Tim Gunn (Host of Project Runway). John said, At home I always watching Sport, News, or Project Runway. In the Venn diagram of those three things..Sport, News, Project Runway, I think I'm the only one.

I bet the center of Andrew's diagram is small, but I'd bet it is not just Leilani....

A-ha! I think we've finally cracked the code to the real Secret Tesla Motors Master Plan! All they have to do is find the right crossover demographics, and they'll completely corner the market!

View attachment 29704

OMG that is amazing!!!! Thank you!!! I am saving that one forever and sharing far and wide! Brilliant. You just summed up my whole life in one picture. Love it!

- - - Updated - - -

@Andrew I want to share the image you made on my instagram! would you like me to credit you for your amazing graphics?!? if so, let me know!

View attachment 29704

Never seen the psychedelische tesla roadster; very well done sir!

And now the good comes from what started as bad. Also, nice to see that the commenter rescinded his comment.

Never seen the psychedelische tesla roadster; very well done sir!

I'm sorry, what? I can't hear you over that roadster! ;)

tesla_roadster_psychedelic_edition_laurence_gartel.jpg

http://www.gtspirit.com/2010/12/07/tesla-roadster-psychedelic-edition-by-laurence-gartel/

- - - Updated - - -

@Andrew

I am sorry that I don't manage to see your picture on Facebook. I can see it only as a link. Any advice to see the picture?

I just uploaded the pic to the forums with the image upload tool...don't know quite how the forums interact with Facebook.

Leilani, feel free to upload it to your Facebook page if you want -- and then people can hit the "Share" button from there?

If we take middle class as someone in the 25 to 75 percentile, we are looking at a household income of between 30k and 95k. Tell me how someone with an income of 30k and 2 kids can save enough for S.

I would never consider a family making $30k to be middle class, since $23.5k is considered by the Federal Poverty Guidelines as the poverty level for a family of 4...

--> To the Mods:

I have no intention what so ever to try and kick up a row here. Or highjack Leilani’s thread. Just trying to provide some food for thought in the spirit of ”Fair and Balanced”...

I don't know who has noticed this, but as you know, the biggest market outside of the US is... The Nor Vegans! Part of Leilani's (and obvously ours as well) demographic.

I love your attachment. I think we are all in love with (figuratively, of course) Leilani.

Because of the tax credit...

...and why are the incentives there?

They’re there to make sure that the GHG (Green House Gas) emissions are adequately priced, to in turn make sure that rules are in place so that the market can begin working on a solution to AGW (Anthropogenic Global Warming – That is Man-Made Global Warming…).

Kind of fitting for a country whose State Owned (67%) Oil Corporation Statoil* has made its citizens arguably the wealthiest in the world (Wealth per capita)! Don’t you think? :wink:

<some friendly banter> Imagine that, eh! A State Owned Oil Corporation making it’s citizens the wealthiest in the world per capita! Who would have thought! :wink: </friendly banter>

*That's almost State oil... Darnit! So close... :wink:

Last edited:
--> To the Mods:

Again: I have no intention what so ever to try and kick up a row here. Or highjack Leilani’s thread. Just trying to provide some food for thought in the spirit of ”Fair and Balanced”.

And now on a more serious note:

Every time I read a sentence like this one:

You have capitalism to thank for this.
…stories like this springs to mind:

Original source: "I Was a Warehouse Wage Slave": Reporter Mac McClelland on Life Inside the Online Shipping Machine | Democracy Now!

Additional sources:

I Was a Warehouse Wage Slave | Mother Jones

"I Was a Warehouse Wage Slave": Reporter Mac McClelland on Life Inside the Online Shipping Machine | Democracy Now! (includes transcript, and mp3 and mp4 format)

…and events like this one:

Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

- - - Update: - - -

For more on this perspective, see for example A People’s History of the United States by the late political science professor, historian and World War II U.S. Army Air Force, 490th Bombardment Group bombardier Howard Zinn.

Last edited by a moderator: